• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Kris\Gold In HeartGold & SoulSilver (+Decapitalization & SacredGold/StormSilver Support)

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
can i patch it on sacred gold ?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
Because of the script editing, I don't think so. I could probably take a look at Sacred Gold's scripts and make a specific patch for it though.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Because of the script editing, I don't think so. I could probably take a look at Sacred Gold's scripts and make a specific patch for it though.

i hope it can do for sacred gold

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
I have added experimental patches for SacredGold & StormSilver. You simply apply the correct patch after you apply the SacredGold or StormSilver patch. I have made an individual patch for each game, though theoretically these shouldn't be version exclusive either. Just in case though... Again, please tell me of any bugs encountered.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I have added experimental patches for SacredGold & StormSilver. You simply apply the correct patch after you apply the SacredGold or StormSilver patch. I have made an individual patch for each game, though theoretically these shouldn't be version exclusive either. Just in case though... Again, please tell me of any bugs encountered.

It works pretty well man! The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
But this one is good tho. Now i can play both sacred gold + moemon +kris sprites.

PS: YOU ARE TRULY HIRO ( HERO ) ^^V

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
I'm aware of this. I've been searching for a month and for the life of me I can't find where any of the graphics for that particular screen are stored.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I'm aware of this. I've been searching for a month and for the life of me I can't find where any of the graphics for that particular screen are stored.

keep it cool. use calm mind.

e3

Years
It works pretty well man! The only thing ive see is when you are naming kris, lyra's sprite appeared.
But this one is good tho. Now i can play both sacred gold + moemon +kris sprites.

PS: YOU ARE TRULY HIRO ( HERO ) ^^V

There's a moemon patch for HGSS?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 22, 2019
Yo. So I downloaded this. Opened xdelta GUI (opening xdelta does nothing) put the PATCH in the proper spot and the ROM in the proper spot. It makes a file named "4780 - Pokemon HeartGold (U)(Xenophobia)_patched.nds" but when I load it to either desmume or no$gba nothing happens, the screen just stays white. It'll load the regular ROM but not the patched one. Any ideas why? Thank you

Yo. So I downloaded this. Opened xdelta GUI (opening xdelta does nothing) put the PATCH in the proper spot and the ROM in the proper spot. It makes a file named "4780 - Pokemon HeartGold (U)(Xenophobia)_patched.nds" but when I load it to either desmume or no$gba nothing happens, the screen just stays white. It'll load the regular ROM but not the patched one. Any ideas why? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 7, 2018
I'm not sure about the Xenophobia dump, but 4787 is the catalog number for HeartGold as far as I'm aware. Try looking for one with that number, as that is the one that I used.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
I'm not sure about the Xenophobia dump, but 4787 is the catalog number for HeartGold as far as I'm aware. Try looking for one with that number, as that is the one that I used.

its works fine on xenophobia like HG(xenophobia) SS(xenophobia) if you patch first Sacred or storm then apply patch this support SG/SS.

idk if its ok if you patch first this support patch.?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 22, 2019

Nope, that didn't work either. And I tried a couple different 4787...uh...copies of Heart Gold. But nothing. Just to be sure I'm not messing it up, in xDelta GUI, I hit select patch and choose "Kris-Gold-Decap.patch" then I choose select ROM and choose the 4787 .nds file. Then I hit apply patch and it creates a new file with the exact same name except it ends in "_patched". But it's always the same, the original ROM works but the patched one does not. DeSmuME just stays white, but I can still hit pause for some reason. Same thing with no$gba.

As a side note, I downloaded BlazingMagmar's patch that you linked, and that works just fine. But obviously I'd prefer to use yours because of the decapitalization and Gold instead of Ethan if I could get it to work. Thanks for the responses so far.

P.S. In BlazingMagmar's patch, you're given the GB Sounds item by your mom at the very beginning of the game. Is this true with your patch as well?

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Nope, that didn't work either. And I tried a couple different 4787...uh...copies of Heart Gold. But nothing. Just to be sure I'm not messing it up, in xDelta GUI, I hit select patch and choose "Kris-Gold-Decap.patch" then I choose select ROM and choose the 4787 .nds file. Then I hit apply patch and it creates a new file with the exact same name except it ends in "_patched". But it's always the same, the original ROM works but the patched one does not. DeSmuME just stays white, but I can still hit pause for some reason. Same thing with no$gba.

As a side note, I downloaded BlazingMagmar's patch that you linked, and that works just fine. But obviously I'd prefer to use yours because of the decapitalization and Gold instead of Ethan if I could get it to work. Thanks for the responses so far.

P.S. In BlazingMagmar's patch, you're given the GB Sounds item by your mom at the very beginning of the game. Is this true with your patch as well?

No for this patch, it doesnt have gb sounds to be given at the very beginning. They're two patch separate one is for direct patch and the other one is support for sacred and storm.

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Hey. I'm having a problem patching this to my game. I have tried multiple different version numbers as well as the xenophobia rom but none of them work past patching storm silver. I've tried everything I can think of. I've tried patching both this patch and storm silver before one another but it doesn't help. My exact issue is that once I go to apply the second flie onto the rom it generates a blank file and doesn't patch my game. How can I fix this?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 6, 2016
Happy to see this, if you do figure out how to get Kris in sacred gold/stormsilver awesome! Also does anyone know if there is a way to get pokegen to work with hacked games like Storm and Sacred?

Back