• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sun] Pokemon Zef Sun and Moon (Hard Mode): Released 1/10/17

Zef

zef
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    zybMEhi.png

Explanation:
    As good as Sun and Moon are, I had a few personal issues with the game, here are a few:
    Almost no trainers had more than 3 Pokemon
    The distribution of new Pokemon was awful, a lot being 1-5% chances of them appearing
    The regional dex was smaller than the previous entry in the series

In this hack, I aimed to fix all of this.

Features:
    • Over 200 additional Pokemon added to the region
    • Every single trainer in the game has been edited to be harder, AI of every important story trainer improved
    • More generic NPC 'route bosses'
    • Bad Pokemon have been buffed to be usable, an example is Ledian being Bug/Fighting with better stats and a wider movepool (Optional)
    • Level curve drastically increased, but balanced out along the way
    • Every Pokemon can evolve without trading, an example is Magmarizer becoming a 'Use' item like the Fire Stone
    • Various moves have been buffed to be more useful (ex: Needle Arm is base 85)
    • Thrifty Megamart was changed to hold more useful items (Every item needed to evolve a Pokemon pretty much)
    • Magearna and Marshadow available through ingame trades
    • Totem Pokemon rebalanced to be more difficult
    • Most Pokemon have their Hidden Abilities available
    • Wider distribution of new moves (Smart Strike, High Horsepower)
    • Custom music (Optional)

If you want to play the game without rebalanced Pokemon and moves
    Go into SaltySD/SunMoon/a/ and delete the following:
    • a\0\1\1
    • a\0\1\3
    • a\0\1\7

"Why should I play this?"
    Most Pokemon fans are constantly complaining about lack of difficulty, and I feel this makes Sun & Moon just hard enough for most of the older Pokemon fans to enjoy. With a whole bunch of new Pokemon to find and use in the region, a majority of them being buffed, retyped and having revamped level up sets, I feel that this is worth playing through to enjoy Sun & Moon again, with a challenge being present.

I'm confident in how much I know Pokemon, and so are the other two people that worked with me. We've made sure to make this as enjoyable as we can.

Screenshots: (more will come as the game gets closer to release)

Spoiler:

Credits(twitter):
    ROM Hackers:
    • @TheRealZef
    • @PletmanJones
    • @ThatDude433

Various

• @SuperTurtle for graphic design
    • @Kaphotics for creating pk3ds
    • @Mewmore and @Kamex_55 for some music
    If I'm missing anyone, please let me know

Finishing Up
    If you encounter any gamebreaking bugs, please message me on twitter. Please don't bother anyone else credited here, just me.
    This game can only be played by having Luma3DS installed on your 3DS. This can be done to every single 3DS out now. I will not explain how, information is everywhere.

Downloads:
    As of the first release, the game can be played start to finish.
    FIRST RELEASE 1/10/17

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2024
    I am definitely looking forward to a release of this hack. I am also surprised that there haven't been any other comments on this post. I am especially excited for the custom music in this hack, as I recognize the names Mewmore and Kamex. I also could not figure out how to apply custom music to Sun and Moon using HANS for my life.

vzk

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Can't wait for that, please make a .cia or .3ds for this hack.

Zef

zef
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    the game has been officially released, updated the OP with a link

Back