• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"You Don't Have Enough Balls" Challenge

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2022
    Pretty simple challenge, you can only use the balls Oak gives you at the start. No buying them from pokemarts etc.

The idea is that you have to decide whether to go for the easy but weak catches or risk wasting balls to get better, harder to catch pokemon.

• Don't neglect pokemon. No specific rules but try to level up your pokemon evenly. There's no point in this challenge if you just solo it with your starter.
    • No soft resets. Pretty self explanatory, no point having a limit on the number of balls if you just retry until you capture the target.
    • You can start over e.g. if you have insanely bad luck the first time and don't manage to catch anything. No starting over if you have 3 or more pokemon including starter.
    • HM slaves: try to plan a team that doesn't require any, but you fail a catch and need a slave that's ok. But you can't get a HM slave unless you have already used all your starting pokeballs (you can buy pokeballs in order to catch slaves). Don't use them in battle obviously.
    • All other items including rare candies etc are ok, just no balls.
    • No trades or hacks for obvious reasons.
    • Ball-based innuendo and puns entirely fair game. But pokemon is srs bsns so don't get too carried away.
    • Duplicates optional.
    • Nicknames also optional.
    Easy
    Any pokemon you get during the story allowed.
    You can also use any balls picked up along the way, but you can't buy any.

Standard

No gifts.
    Only allowed the 5 balls you are given at the start, for a possible 6 pokemon.

Hard

Same as standard, but you have to let your starter go before the 1st gym, and use only pokemon you caught.

Insane
    Same as standard, but if a pokemon faints it's dead and has to be boxed.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now. Let me know if I should add/change anything or whatever. I just joined the site, so please don't hate me if I did something wrong :) Also, if anyone knows a faster way of putting screenies up than uploading them all to imageshack/photobucket individually, please share.

------------------------------

My Run
    Rules: Standard

Setting Out
    Spoiler:

Back