• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Son's account cannot see any active dens

Years
  • Age 59
  • Seen Jan 5, 2020
I bought Switch and Pokemon Sword and Shield for my son, and you can count me unimpressed on both accounts. Honestly, how amateurish.

Here is my problem. I created my own account so I could play with him. On my account, a red den that gives me watts comes about every 200 feet, and I can easily find all the active dens I want. On his account, he finds an reg den every 5 minutes and sees no active dens at all. Well. until I fixed it somehow yesterday by resetting cards and everything else I could find. And today, he is back to square one with a twist. There are 2 active dens in the game. Both have mutant Snorlax and both are unbeatable. Maybe with some help, but no one answers his requests for assistance, and he cannot join any other raids. Yes, internet is on. Yes, I have done mystery trades. And yes I have purchased wishes for fights, which do work.

Our accounts have the same settings. Where the hell is a basic help function or a Nintendo page with a help function? Honestly.

Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Aside from that, even if Internet is on you will need to buy the subscription, not sure if you have done that already since you did not mentioned anything about purchasing Nintendo Switch Online.

As for Max Raid Battles joining, that is, if you already have NS Online, then you have to be wayyy fast enough to join, usually the spots get snagged up real fast especially for the Gigantamax ones. Usually the invitation card do not refresh that often. Putting a Surprise Trade will refresh the Invitation Cards properly (then cancelling it when you find a raid you like) will help.

Last edited:

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
Years
I bought Switch and Pokemon Sword and Shield for my son, and you can count me unimpressed on both accounts. Honestly, how amateurish.

Here is my problem. I created my own account so I could play with him. On my account, a red den that gives me watts comes about every 200 feet, and I can easily find all the active dens I want. On his account, he finds an reg den every 5 minutes and sees no active dens at all. Well. until I fixed it somehow yesterday by resetting cards and everything else I could find. And today, he is back to square one with a twist. There are 2 active dens in the game. Both have mutant Snorlax and both are unbeatable. Maybe with some help, but no one answers his requests for assistance, and he cannot join any other raids. Yes, internet is on. Yes, I have done mystery trades. And yes I have purchased wishes for fights, which do work.

Our accounts have the same settings. Where the hell is a basic help function or a Nintendo page with a help function? Honestly.

Can anyone tell me what we are doing wrong?

Try connecting to the internet, or soft resetting, or report this to pokemon

Back