• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All maxed EV for a pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I have been playing Pokemon since Blue and Red, but i have never cared about EV training until now.

The thing is, i am training a Fearow, Adamant nature.

It happens that Fearow is one of my fav pokemon, and i am going to use it for False Swiping and chill battles.

I have done surfing and bought all items i need.

I put 10 carbons and 10 proteins on my Fearow to start with, then equip it with an EV-training bracelet and started training.

I killed Zubats for max speed and ranch pokemon for max attack. I then went and killed Grimers for the rest, the HP part.

I clicked on the summary, stats and clicked Y.

I can see that my Attack and Speed is maxed. It is a long arrow and its sparkling. I am aware that i have been training it to the limit.

Now, if i understood correctly, after maxing two stats, i have 4 points of EV left. I killed 4 Grimers for HP, actually with a +EV bracelet, giving me 36 stats total in HP if im correctly. To be on the safe side.

So basically, i have maxed out Attack, Speed and put the rest 4 on HP. It means i wont be able to put more EV on it.

ONE problem is: how do i make sure i have actually maxed my pokemon?

I read the comments around the Internet and im not sure wether they are lying or not.

Some people say that the outer line of my pokemons EV summary will have a blue outline. Others say that the background will be bluer, or something.

But, except for two shiny arrows, my pokemons background is exactly the same as others. I dont see any blue outline, i dont see any different colour in the background.

4 points of EV is nothing, but i want to make sure, did i max out my pokemon? Is there any way i can see that i have maxed it out and i cant put any more EV on my pokemon?

Can i talk to an npc or what can i do to make sure i have done everything i can? And if its true that it should be a blue line or something around the cube or whatever in the EV summary of pokemon, how is it possible that i missed the last 4 HP evs? I killed even 8 Grimers now and nothing happens.

Long post, sorry, but if i get an answer, i bet many other confused people will be satisfied by the answers.

Thanks in advance. Hope you find some good shinies.

Rapture11

All about Battle Spot <3
    Years
  • You maxed your Evs out, when you go to your pokemon's page, that's it's stat page..it shows how good the basic pokemon is in the stats and then when you press Y it shows your EVs. Then you can see your IVs in your PC box if you've seen the guy in the battle tree area. Forgot to say..when it sparkles in your EVs it means it's maxed.

Last edited:

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Or go to the Battle Dome and talk to someone on the right side, showing them your poke in question. If you got them maxed, your Pokemon will get the Effort Ribbon.

One question for you though, unless they changed something in the last 2 generations, how in the world did you give your poke 20 stat boosting items? I thought the limit is 10... :X

Back