• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Red Faction Guerrilla for Current Gen leak

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Sorry this is a few days late. I've been really procrastinating writing this, and now writing this is a great way to procrastinate doing work! Funny how that works!

Multiple European retailers had listings go up for an Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of the game Red Faction Guerrilla (One of the best games of '09 in my opinion)

For those who don't know, RFG is a open world game made by Volation and published by THQ where you take part in a rebellion against the Earth Defense Force's occupation of Mars in a world with fully destructible infrastructure. Topple an officer housing complex on a military patrol, collapse a bridge to stop a convoy, cause a smokestack to come down on top of a fuel depot, or even just make a shooting position in the side of a building.

It is also one of the games saved from THQs shutdown.

Now this game coming to current gen consoles is exciting for me not because of being able to play it on the console I own, but because it's the first activity for the franchise since the failure that was Red Faction Armageddon (What better way to continue success than to change everything (destiny 2)) and I think it's important that they chose only Guerrilla to bring forward and not Armageddon as well.

My hope is that this activity might be a prelude to, or inspire a new game, which would be fantastic.

In my own perfect world I could see a game being made with both the current studio that has the Red Faction license and Avalanche studios (Just Cause games). It would be the ultimate game of destruction with a purpose!

What are everyone's thoughts on what this new can mean for this beloved franchise if proven true? Or do you think Red Faction is dead in the water?

GO!

Yukari

I think it's important that they chose only Guerrilla to bring forward and not Armageddon as well.

Given the Negativity I don't think that even THQ Nordic wants to remember that Armageddon happened. d;

Back