• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Tales of Link closing in late March

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
  • In late March, the servers of Tales of Link will be shut down, ending the game permanently. I don't believe there are any offline access to anything, though I desperately hope so, but it seems the game will truly fade away. With videos and screencaps, as well as datamined assets, memories of ToLink will be with us forever.

This is deeply saddening. While the gameplay was not much, Tales of Link was one of my favorite Tales games of all time. The story was phenomenal and emotional. The characters were memorable and adorable. The music was fantastic. It was truly an amazing overall experience. I'm going to miss it deeply.

I'm looking into what kind of preservation would be possible. Some time ago, I had considered a sort of remake by rom hacking Emerald. I may decide to pursue that kind of project after all. Though maybe another game engine like RPG Maker XP would be more suitable. I'm not sure yet.

Back