• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Can Anyone tell me what is wrong with this I can't figure out what I did wrong

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    All what I did was try to name my character and then...

---------------------------
    Pokemon
    Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section053:960:in `pbStartScene'undefined method `width' for nil:NilClass

***Full script:

pbTrainerName

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

TextEntry:1590:in `pbStartScreen'

TextEntry:1605:in `pbEnterText'

TextEntry:1602:in `pbFadeOutIn'

TextEntry:1602:in `pbEnterText'

TextEntry:1618:in `pbEnterPlayerName'

PSystem_Utilities:566:in `pbTrainerName'

(eval):1:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `eval'

Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1606:in `command_355'

Interpreter:494:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:193:in `update'

Interpreter:106:in `loop'

Interpreter:198:in `update'

Scene_Map:103:in `updateold'

Scene_Map:101:in `loop'

Scene_Map:114:in `updateold'

Unreal Time System:151:in `update'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\joshu\Saved Games/Pokemon Evolution/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

Last edited:

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    Something is wrong with the script pbStartScene, specifically, thay script had code that tries to call width on an something set to nil. Check any edits you made to pbStartScene or to any scripts or might be dependent on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Alright I Fixed it I guess there was another file in my data folder named scripts and I just deleted it and everything is working fine thanks for helping

Reactions: Poq
    Years
  • Alright I Fixed it I guess there was another file in my data folder named scripts and I just deleted it and everything is working fine thanks for helping
    Deleating the scripts in Data folder will probably mess up your game since there's is where all Essentials scripts are stored. You should try to replicate exactly what you have done in a clean essentials to see what went wrong with your event.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Deleating the scripts in Data folder will probably mess up your game since there's is where all Essentials scripts are stored. You should try to replicate exactly what you have done in a clean essentials to see what went wrong with your event.

I know deleting the scripts files is dangerous but it was a .bak file called scripts that was in there that I cant remember why was there and I'm comparing it to a base essentials but base essentials doesn't have that and all my scripts seem to be working fine.

Back