• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] The Champion Cup - A new way to take on Pokémon League!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Usually when Pokémon Trainers enter Pokémon League, they have to face Elite Four first, and then battling against the Champion. But in Galar region, things will be different, because you will have to take a series of battles in form of tournament just like how it's always depicted in the anime.

This tournament, named The Champion Cup, is said to be held once a year in Galar region. Only those who completed the Gym Challenges have the right to enter this tourney, and the winner of the tourney will have the right to challenge the Champion Leon.

What do you think on this shakeup on the road to become Pokémon Champion? Do you prefer the usual Elite Four, or do you prefer the tourney more? Discuss away.

Source: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/story/strive-to-become-next-champion/

Last edited:

The Bellossom boi

I like the idea to have the right to battle the champion after winning the tournament. Finally something of completly different from core series.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I liked the E4 and didn't feel the need of a change, but this sounds even better! It could well be the most interesting new feature/change so far for me.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • This sounds very exciting! Though the E4 system, as lilae21 said, didn't necessarily need a change, but trying different formulae is fun. That's how BOTW exploded. People tired with the same formula might be attracted, who knows?

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • Of all the things they could change about the traditional pokemon formula, I think this is probably a good shake up to make. Though I do wonder how in practice this will be different from the Elite Four. You'll still have to battle a bunch of people to get to the champion, and I doubt they'd do many more or many less than four. So does this mean that it'll change a bit every time you do it? Or will you not be able to do it more than once? I need more information, but I'm tentatively hopeful - kind of unusual for me, I tend to lean towards pessimism.

Back