• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where to begin with disassembly?

Years
  • Hi there! I am quite new to the pokecrystal disassembly and am having trouble finding resources/tutorials that can help me understand the syntax of the assembly itself and what each part means. The Github repository's wiki throws a ton of information at you at once and I am having a hard time finding a starting point to get into building my own ROM hack.

I already have everything set up (the forked Github repo, Polished Map installed). As a beginner, what resources should I use to help me learn the basics of disassembly?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Hi there! I am quite new to the pokecrystal disassembly and am having trouble finding resources/tutorials that can help me understand the syntax of the assembly itself and what each part means. The Github repository's wiki throws a ton of information at you at once and I am having a hard time finding a starting point to get into building my own ROM hack.

I already have everything set up (the forked Github repo, Polished Map installed). As a beginner, what resources should I use to help me learn the basics of disassembly?

pokecrystal's wiki has lots of information. You might find the Assembly programming page helpful for pointing you in the right direction to understand the syntax.

Back