• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ScriptEd Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

master morty

Master Spriter
Years
  • hey I tried to make a script where there two nightingales (my custom trainers) standing and when you step on a tile the one to the left moves up but before that the right one says halt
    after that the right one challenges you to a battle after that the second one but when I compiled the script the game freezes when I stand on the script tile what did I do wrong? here is the script note I did not put in setflag and checkflag because this is a script test

#org 0x76ECF0
    message 0x800000
    boxset 0x6
    applymovement 0x5 0x800100
    pause 0x20
    #raw 0x5C
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x46 0x0 0x76ED30 0x76ED60
    #raw 0x5C
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x46 0x0 0x800200 0x800300
    release
    end
    #org 0x800000
    = Halt!
    #org 0x800100
    #raw 0x09
    #raw 0x09
    #raw 0xFE
    #org 0x76ED30
    = before you battle our leader,
    you must defeat us in a match
    #org 0x76ED60
    = how did you beat me!?!
    #org 0x800200
    = she was weak now it's my turn!
    #org 0x800300
    = I stand in awe at your skill
    actually I fixed it all I needed to do was assign the script to an npc

Last edited:

master morty

Master Spriter
    Years
  • gaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaarrrrrrrgh! if it says loading command database empty command database loaded program halted the put your rom in the elite map folder if it says run time error 53 file not found the rename it to something like this (rubyhack.gba) no spaces or symbols just letters. if the compile button is greyd then put a rom in the elite map folder and rename it apropriatly then it should work.
    to compile just click compile and find your rom in the folder double click it and say yes to replacing it then the command database and rubikon log will pop up close it then open diamond cutter and type the name of your rom in the folder my example is rubyhack.gba after you type that click rubide.rbc and uncheck the boxes at the bottom
    after that click o.k. and the log will pop up again close it and open advance map and type the offset at the very beggining of the script #org 0x800000 or whatever in the offset box of a person or a new person you made and test it it should work stop complaining it is driving me crazy!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2008
    Yeah, mine won't let me compile, any help for me? the button can't be pressed, whats the problem?

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • I have a question does any body knows how to insert the script on a windows vista....

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I have a question does any body knows how to insert the script on a windows vista....

How do i compile???i've tried but nothing happened

How do you compile? It won't let me for some reason. I'm trying the Give Pokemon script.

Make sure your ROM names has no spaces in it and it only made up of letters and numbers. Place it into the same folder as ScriptEd. Then load up your script and click compile and it will compile into the ROM.

ShaQuL

ShaQuL
    Years
    • Age 25
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 22, 2015
    my script still doesn't work...
    this is what it looks like...
    i want a policeman to say that but in the game when i go up to him and press a he doesn't say anything...why??
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x800100
    callstd 0x6
    release
    end

#org 0x800100
    = Hey \v\h01!\nHow are you today?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • ShaQul, please use the Script Help Thread for scripting questions. I'm going to close this thread because, although revival is permitted here, your post isn't constructive and ScriptEd is outdated.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back