• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gamemaker:Character customization

remer

The Warrior
Years
  • Hello everyone.Character customization in game is a feature introduced from gen 6 games onwards.It is easier in those games as it uses textures and models.For it to be done while using sprites,we have to use layers to attain that effect.So,i am presenting an example(the gmk file) on how to do it in Gamemaker.The codes i used in this,actually creates external png strips for the character,which can be loaded afterwards and used as the OW sprite.The mechanism is almost similar to the OW sprite creators i made,but lacks the changing of colours when compared to it(it really won't make sense if we can do it.)This example also contains how to use those pngs after creating them(Note that some of the functions used in the codes can be obsolete in GM S).It is really easy to understand as there isn't much coding involved in this.

I have used sprites from the resources made by Coffee Cup in this example.
    If you used(I really don't think that many will use it.),no need to give me credit.

Here's the link:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FPioBMn6bQstnaIQLkzOQdoJNm8Yx-_/view?usp=drivesdk
    Another thing,others who doesn't have Gamemaker,can see how it works,as I have included the executable with it too.
    (I really doubt the prefix I have used,if it is wrong,sorry.)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • That script only works for walk animation, right?
    Did you put graphics when the player surfs, fishing, surf fishing or run?

If not let's do this for that script works perfectly!

remer

The Warrior
    Years
  • Nope, didn't put any graphics for all the others.But the code used is the same for loading and saving the sprites.

Last edited:
    Back