• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Following NPC into a Building

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2017
I was wondering how to make a event where the NPC followed by the player, enter into a building? Similar to Fire Red when the PLAYER tries to leave Pallet Town and PROF. OAK. stops you and says follow me to my lab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
In page 2 of the event commands you'll want to select 'set move route.'
Then you can choose where the characters move. I'd suggest looking at some RPG Maker tutorials before anything else if you don't know much about it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 23, 2017
Thank You for answering. I know how to make the move routes and have the PLAYER follow the NPC. I just don't know how to make them go through a door event one after the other.

Years
You can't transfer NPCs between maps. What you do in this case is using the "set move route" to make the NPC walk towards the door and then you use "set event location" (second page of event commands) to make the NPC go in a part of the map that the player can't see, usually the border pf the map.

My advice is that you make a test project to test (duh) different uses of event commands BEFORE working with essentials. It will take time to "master" the engine, but it's worth the effort.

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Set the NPC and player move routes right next to each other (with NPC coming first), when NPC approaches the door toggle "Through" to ON and set move route of the door "opening" then make the NPC go through door and change it sprite to nothing, then move the player up through the open door.

Years
  • Age 48
  • Seen Jun 28, 2019
You can't transfer NPCs between maps. What you do in this case is using the "set move route" to make the NPC walk towards the door and then you use "set event location" (second page of event commands) to make the NPC go in a part of the map that the player can't see, usually the border pf the map.

My advice is that you make a test project to test (duh) different uses of event commands BEFORE working with essentials. It will take time to "master" the engine, but it's worth the effort.
Can you tell me how to make player follow an NPC

Back