• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Theory About Rate of Pokemile/BP generation in Pokemon Bank

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2017
    Reposting this in a new thread at the suggestion of @Nah, who locked the thread where I originally posted this simply because it was a thread that hadn't seen recent attention, even though it was a continuation of a prior discussion rather than something really worth starting a new thread over.

Spoiler:

In the now locked thread, someone tried to come up with some crazy formula to explain the rate at which the Pokemon Bank generates Pokemiles, which can then be converted into Battle Points for Sun and Moon. However, I have a simpler theory based upon what I have observed:

For every 30 Pokemon in the Bank, you generate 1 Pokemile a day.

Because I have over 750 Pokemon in my Bank (25 full boxes), I've been able to generate Pokemiles over a period of hours, rather than days, and the rate that I was getting Pokemiles was close to 1 per hour (24-25 miles per day). By way of another example, when I had less than 24 full boxes worth (22, which is roughly 90% of 24), I generated 12 miles in 13 hours between logins into the Pokemon Bank.

After all, 30 Pokemon out of the 3000 total you can store represents a full 1%, and you need another 30 Pokemon (60 total) in order to tick the used storage over to 2% and earn 2 miles a day. Nintendo and Gamefreak always round down to the nearest integer for all of their formulas, so even 1.9% would round down to 1. However, a single Pokemon can still (in theory) generate Pokemiles, only it would do so once every 30 days (constituting .033%).

So if you're curious how much of a return storing Pokemon in the Bank will get you, you can probably divide the number of Pokemon you have by 30, and you'll be able to figure out your daily rate, and then further extrapolate from there to get hourly rates too (if you have enough Pokemon to achieve such a rate that is)

Back