• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Team ^_^

What do you think of my team?

• Awesome

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Amazing

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • good

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • meh...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • good, but can be better

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • bad

• pffft too easy to take down

• horrible

• awful

• can easily be swept 6-0

• Total voters

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
Years
This team is amazing! I tested these guys on shoddy and their results win:losses was 13:1 There are few pokemon to counter this team and please. Rate fairly and do not tell me to add in a Blissy!!!!
A quick look:
i_watakko.gif
130.png
i_raguraaji.gif
i_serebii.gif
i_hassamu.gif
i_gengaa.gif

In Depth:

jumpluff.png
leftovers.png

Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 Def
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Encore
- Reflect
- Stun Spore
Jumpluff is a fast lead that strikes fast against opponents. Since it doesn't have any damaging moves, sp.atk or atk evs are unneeded. Timid Nature gives it the max speed required to out speed most pokemon. Sleep Powder can start off the game strong and know how the opponent plays on the first turn (more explanation coming later)! Encore will keep pokemon stuck on Stealth Rock if they are set up leads giving me a happy time setting up with Reflect. If the opponent switches out when their pokemon are asleep, that shows that the opponent wont leave a sleeping pokemon out which gives me an advantage later on, when I can surprise them with a stun spore. When I set up reflect, the opponents will probably believe that Sleep is all they have to deal with. If Jumpluff is still alive later in the game, I will surprise the opponent with a Stun Spore when they can think they can have a safe switch to a sweeper. Reflect will help a couple of pokemon in my team (such as Gengar and most of the others).
Top 10 Threat List (leads):
dpicon142.png
Aerodactyl
- The most threatening pokemon who can Taunt and Destroy Jumpluff, but a switch to Scizor will take care of them.
dpicon461.png
Weavile
- Can easily OHKO with out trying, but he will probably go for a Fake Out followed with an Ice Shard/ Ice Punch. Switch to Swampert and slowly take it down (incase of counter).
dpicon291.png
Ninjask
- I give him an easy set up, but Encore can ruin him when he uses Sub, but if an Arial Ace is coming, there would be a problem, but Swampert's Roar can avoid Baton Pass.
dpicon424.png
Ambipom
- A Fake Out followed with Double Hit can easily take Jumpluff down, but when Scizor comes out, not a problem.
dpicon469.png
Yanmega
- A protect will avoid Jumpluff from putting him to sleep. Air Slash kills Jumpluff. Swampert can take hits and set up Stealth Rocks and Roar this guy away.
dpicon482.png
Azelf
- Annoying! Taunt will ruin Jumpluff and he gets an easy stealth rocks, but Swampert's Waterfall will leave it hanging with a focus sash.
dpicon057.png
Primeape
- Can't go to sleep and Ice Punch will OHKO, but switching into Celebi… will take care of it
dpicon430.png
Hunchcrow
- Can't go to sleep and can kill Jumpluff with Flying attacks, but Swampert will solve the problem.
dpicon392.png
Infernape
- Fake Out and if Sleep Powder misses…. This is unlikely, but Swampert has the upper hand.
dpicon385.png
Jirachi
- Trick is gonna be a bit annoying. Encore will force a switch out, but a switck to Gengar, will help because Gengar is holding a Scarf.

gyarados.png
leftovers.png

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 172 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/168 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
You probably have seen many Bulky Gyarados, but guess what? This is different. For one this guy has a Jolly nature and 16 more evs in HP!!!! This is mainly to take hits from Heracross, Heatrans, Scizors, etc. Standard set. Taunt to avoid being crippled, Waterfall for stab, Stone Edge for coverage, and Dragon Dance to increase speed and attack. This is built to counter Aerodactyls, Jolteons, Starmies, or anyother fragile sweeper to threaten gyarados with super effective attacks. This guy can OHKO common Jolteons that switch in after stealth rocks damage and after 1 Dragon Dance. And This guys beastly speeds increases to 396 after 1 Dragon Dance. There goes most of the threats. With some phazing from swampert, Stone Edge will OHKO sweeping (non scarf'd) Starmies. Amazing power can rip through many pokemon.

swampert.png
leftovers.png

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Roar
I love this guy. 60% of the time I would switch into this guy after Jumpluff. Stealth Rock will get in the entry hazard which lets Gyarados OHKO Jolteons with one Dragon Dance. Water Fall and EQ are obvious, yet helpful stab moves. Roar can destroy the opponent's Ninjask leads aswell as many pokemon that set up like Gyarados. The opponent will have a hard time as long as Swampert is alive. For Gyara killing Starmie, I need to use Roar a couple of times as well as block the Rapid Spin by switching into Gengar. The more the opponent keeps switching out, the closer I am to winning the game. All of my sweepers in this team love this guy. Stealth Rock and Roar can help my sweepers have an easier time aswell as The Crippling of Celebi and Jumpluff. Sweepers will be a breeze to take down and walls can be handled by slow stealth rock damage. The ev spread lets this guy live an HP Grass from a few pokemon. Reflect will help Swampert so that physical Grass moves do not come in my way.

celebi.png
leftovers.png

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP/236 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Heal Bell
- Psychic
This Celebi acts as a Cleric just incase my sweepers are suffering from a status condition that hurts them. The ev spread is designed to get max Leftover recovers with extra defense power from smogon. As a cleric, it needs to heal it self in battle, so Natural Cure helps. Thunder Wave can easily handle Gyarados, Slamence, and scarf sweepers. Recover can restore lost health when it tried to Heal Bellan Phychic to take down Brelooms, Machamps, and other fighting types. Celebii makes amazing synergy with Swampert. Celebii takes all the grass attacks as Swampert absorbs all the Fire, Bug, and Ice attacks that threaten Celebi. Celebi can make safe switch ins as long as Swampert is getting switched or Scizor uses U-Turn. Which gives me an advantage to heal my team. Celebii completely stops Gyarados and Breloom as long as one of my pokemon are already asleep. After The Breloom dies, Heal Bell and restore all my pokemon's status condition. Without proper support Celebi can easily die. Pursuit are major counters from T-Tar and Scizor, but Celebi can take 1 pursuit. Celebi is a great pokemon to attract Heatrans. I will switch to Swampert or Gyara and start to set up/ roar.

scizor.png
choice-band.png

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk/240 Spd/16 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Brick Break
- Pursuit
Ugh! A standard Scizor!!!! But who cares?! It works perfectly well in the team. He can U-Turn into Celebi and have safe switch in to Gyarados after attracting fire types. Bullet Punch is a priority to take down Azelfs, Absols, or any other sash sweeper. U-Turn can scout the opponent and I could safely switch into pokemon after Scizor takes a hit. The question is why Brick Break instead of Super Power? Hmm…. Well Super Power is awful in my opinion. Brick Break can destroy set up screens and and hit hard. As Super Power will weaken Scizor into dieing. Pursuit is to take down Gengars, Celebis, etc. Scizor is the best T-Tar counter I have unless it has Fire Blast. Choice Band can increase the power greatly and take down more pokemon with bullet punch. A lot of pokemon can counter this, I know. But I built my team in a way that counters most of the pokemon in the standard metagame.

gengar.png
choice-scarf.png

Gengar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 78 Def/180 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball/ Hidden Power (Fire)
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
Don't see these often do you? Choice Scarf can help this guy out speed every single pokemon and I mean everything, except Porygon-z. The ev spread is built in a way that Gengar can survive a Banded Bullet Punch from Scizor and an Aqua Jet from Azumarill. Modest nature gives this guy max power and the ability to out speed many other Scarf pokemon except Porygon-z, Starmie, and Gengar. Thunder Bolt can take down the Gyarados. Energy Ball can take down pesky pokemon like swampert and Whiscash, but HP Fire can come in useful when it comes to Scizors and Fortress. Focus Blast can take down T-Tars. Shadow Ball is a strong Stab move that could take almost anything. Gengar being the power house of this team can easily give me quick Kos. E-Vire may be a problem when T-Bolt is used, but that is why I have Swampert to Roar away. This defeats the most OU spaztardy pokemon out there. Such as Gyarados, Scizors, and Heatrans with the exception of Blisseys which I am totally against, but Gyara can easily handle her.

One of few weaknesses this team has is flying. Basically, Jumpluff, Gyarados, Swampert, and Celebii weaken my opponent as Gengar and Scizor go for an amazing kills. Or if possible, Gyarados goes for a late game sweep.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
just to point out, you have four leftovers in your team, and the standard clause allows one of the item only. and with your jumpluff, it is good, but i suggest maybe into changing it into this:

Jumpluff (M) @ Leftovers/focus sash
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/200 Spd/ 108 sp.atk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sleep Powder
- Encore
- Reflect
- bug buzz ( could help with lead azelf, weavile and gets a neutral hit on honchkrow)

oh and also make sure not to use a thunderbolt on the common electivire you afromentioned, because it may sweep your scizor with cross chop, gyarados with thunder punch, and celebii with ice punch(which are your main guns in your team). other than that, good job:)

Iteam Clause isn't standard it has to be turned on in Shoddy if you want in enforced there.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Scarf Gengar= Pursuit weak, and since you have nothing to take advantage of something locked in Pursuit (aka SD Luke), its dead weight here imo. I would get rid of it and Jumpluff since Pluff also loses to most leads in OU as shown by your list lol. I would move Swampert to the lead spot and run 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk please for its best defensive ability (its gonna die to the special attacks that people use on it anyways like HP Grass or Leaf Storm)

CB Scizor wants Superpower so it can OHKO Heatran on the switch as well as Blissey and Lax.

Regardless there's a major Offensive Cune weak here, also HP Grass LO Zappy loves playing against your team. To help I would put ScarfTran>> ScarfGar (Eruption or Overheat(depending on the server, some don't have eruption yet)/Earth Power/ HP Grass or Ice/ Explosion) or you could run TrapTran (Magma Storm/Earth Power/ Explosion/ Dragon Pulse or Taunt) which acts as a great lure.

To deal with Zappy then you could run DD Babiri Tar, which loves getting Bulky waters killed off by Tran, and enjoys the T-Wave support that Celebi is providing as well as cleric support in case it gets unlucky and a Rotom burns it on the switch.

So overall:

LeadPert
Celebi
Scizor
Tyranitar
Heatran
Gyarados

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
What's the point of using max Speed on Scizor? The only important threads you outspeed is Metagross, Skarmory, Magnezone, Empoleon, Adamant Tyranitar. Metagross is checked by Swampert and Gengar for predicting an Explosion, Skarmory walls you all day since you use Brick Break, Magnezone takes ~80% and it usually as a Sub up so I doubt being able to outrun it is of any use (and you have Swampert Roar / Earthquake non-HP Grass variants), Empoleon like Magnezone will mostly have a Sub up and/or a Speed boost so that is moot, and Tyranitar is already hit by Bullet Punch and is countered by Swampert. And Scizor is hit by Scarf Latias' Draco Meteor for ~45% and ~55% for Life Orb. I doubt you want to take that much when switching in; especially since Scizor is your only Dragon resist. It also helps Scizor survive an Ice Beam and a followed up Surf from Starmie, and Gengar's Focus Blast from doing too much.

Celebi really needs Reflect > Heal Bell, since you already have Swampert and Scizor to take paralysis and poison, respectively. While yes, you have nothing to absorb sleep, without Reflect you auto lose vs the top 2 used Pokemon currently (Scizor and Tyranitar). Reflect makes sure you don't take over ~57% from CB Scizor's Pursuit, and CB Tyranitar has a chance of OHKOing you (with SR) if Reflect is not up (these are if you switch out)... And you should not stay in on any of them or risk being OHKOed by U-turn or set up on if it is an SD variant, or for Tyranitar's case, it's close to 2HKOing Celebi with Pursuit (SR up). Tyranitar could also choose to use Crunch...which is close to OHKOing. I find this a bit more dangerous than sleep since those two Pokemon are the top 2 used like I said earlier. If you keep Heal Bell, at least use something that can utilize a Choice-locked Pursuit as set up fodder.

Swampert needs max HP / max Def or it will be 2HKOed by Tyranitar's Crunch, which you don't want when Babiri DD variants can survive Scizor's Bullet Punch and continue to sweep your team. I don't understand how max SpD helps.

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
Years
Since Jumpluff is gonna be removed, Celebi will need to have Reflect. And as for a lead swampert...

Swampert @ Leftovers?
Careful?
Torrent
252hp/ 252def
~EQ
~WaterFall
~Stealth Rock
~Roar
same thing except for the fact that it became a lead with a new ev spread... yet some threats are there... Roar can get alot of pokemon out of the picture and Stelth Rock for a lead set up. Unlike Jumpluff, Trick may be a problem, but I have to stick with the scarf Gengar. EQ and Waterfall are strong physical stabs that can hit Infernape and Jirachi hard, as well as Aerodactly, Weavile, and others. Weavile's counter will be threatening and that is exactly why Roar and Steath Rock come into play. Weavile wont be able to OHKO Heatran which makes Swampert have an easy set up unless Taunt comes into play, which gives me a safe switch into Heatran. An easy switch on grass moves. Sleep moves are the swampert's biggest threat. Since he can be out sped by alot of pokemon.

For Heatran....
Heatran @ Shuca Berry (I think this is the one that avoids ground hits...)
Mild
Flash Fire
128 HP / 212 SpA / 168 Spe
~Magma Storm
~HP Grass (The only hidden power Heatran I own)
~Earthpower
~Taunt
Mild nature is the only good Heatran I own, so here it is. Magma Storm to trap the opponents. HP Grass to take down Swamperts. Earth Power for other Heatrans that dare threaten this one. Taunt to avoid this guy from getting crippled or to Mean Look+Baton Pass by Umbreons. I do not use heatrans that much, so I do not have a good explanation for this...
I do not enjoy using Scarf Heatrans because it can easily be countered by alot of other pokemon such as Gyarados and Vaccuum Waves.

When it comes down to Celebi, Reflect will help... I guess... but TrmentTran may also come in handy especially with screeners...

BTW, I am editing this on shoddy, so look at the latest post I have made in this thread to rate.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Since Jumpluff is gonna be removed, Celebi will need to have Reflect. And as for a lead swampert...

Swampert @ Leftovers?
Careful?
Torrent
252hp/ 252def
~EQ
~Ice Beam
~Stealth Rock
~Roar
same thing except for the fact that it became a lead with a new ev spread... yet some threats are there... Roar can get alot of pokemon out of the picture and Stelth Rock for a lead set up. Unlike Jumpluff, Trick may be a problem, but I have to stick with the scarf Gengar. EQ and Waterfall are strong physical stabs that can hit Infernape and Jirachi hard, as well as Aerodactly, Weavile, and others. Weavile's counter will be threatening and that is exactly why Roar and Steath Rock come into play. Weavile wont be able to OHKO Heatran which makes Swampert have an easy set up unless Taunt comes into play, which gives me a safe switch into Heatran. An easy switch on grass moves. Sleep moves are the swampert's biggest threat. Since he can be out sped by alot of pokemon.
Ice Beam for Dragons.

For Heatran....
Heatran @ Shuca/Passho Berry (I think this is the one that avoids ground hits...)
Mild
Flash Fire
128 HP / 212 SpA / 168 Spe
~Magma Storm
~HP Grass (The only hidden power Heatran I own)
~Earthpower
~Explosion
Mild nature is the only good Heatran I own, so here it is. Magma Storm to trap the opponents. HP Grass to take down Swamperts. Earth Power for other Heatrans that dare threaten this one. Taunt to avoid this guy from getting crippled or to Mean Look+Baton Pass by Umbreons. I do not use heatrans that much, so I do not have a good explanation for this...
I do not enjoy using Scarf Heatrans because it can easily be countered by alot of other pokemon such as Gyarados and Vaccuum Waves.
Only easy way to take down bulky waters with this team imo is with heatran and BOOM, so you need it.

When it comes down to Celebi, Reflect will help... I guess... but TrmentTran may also come in handy especially with screeners...

BTW, I am editing this on shoddy, so look at the latest post I have made in this thread to rate.
Just edit the first post so it's easy for everyone to see the changes and they don't have to hunt your posts down.

Comments in bold. Hope I helped.

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
Years
Defense EVs on Scarf Gengar? Is that so it will still be OHKOed by Pursuit? Def EVs do nothing.

Zapdos with HP Grass 6-0s this team without much trouble. Also, your top 10 threat list is way off. Primape? Really?

And for the dude who said that his Gengar is Pursuit weak...he's Ghost. That's like bashing Scizor for being Fire weak.

The only good ScarfGar is one with Trick.

Also, a Defensive Celebi with Reflect? Redundant?

This team doesn't look very well thought out. I'd scrap it and start from scratch. I HIGHLY recommend Sweeping Kakuna. It can 94KO Steelix with Bug Bite.

Rock on.

For 1, Def evs on a Scarf Gengar will give it the strenght to take a Bullet Punch. Although it is Pursuit week, it does not matter for it is a late game sweeper and will make sure the opponent doen not have a Scizor using Roar.

The Trick Gengar is not bad, but with my spread it wont work well with the trick Gengar.

A Celebi with Reflect may seem to be awful, but testing it out on shoddy, it is amazing. I tested it. It gives my team proper support.

Looks are not every thing. I have faces a HP Grass Zapdos on shoddy and guess what? my team pulled through and destroyed it after some nice predictions. And whats wrong with Primeape? You do realize that it is possible right? I have battles 3 lead Primeapes in OU who ripped through Jumpluff.

And for the guy that said that Gengar was Pursuit week. Who knows? Maybe he was trying to help unlike you whose advice is recommending a Kakuna with Bug Bite and who says that the team is Zapdos week after someone above already told me that.

Last edited:
Back