• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Advent Calendar!

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Consider this a WIP. Bit tight scheduled atm. Will include both 5+6 in this post. Proably

Day 5: About as close as I'm going to get to playing an elf

Cleaning up the Naughty List
    Spoiler:

Favorite elven character
    Easy! None. I hate those filthy tree-humpers, with their stupid bows and whatnot. "Pick up a weel gun."

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DAY EIGHT & NINE

ALL DECKED UP IN A WINTER WONDERLAND

oZmPwEX.jpg

By a beautiful winter landscape, at least for Krieg the Psycho, it means a couple of dead bodies in a scenic little Tundra.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SNOWED IN

If you were going to be snowed in for a week with just one game to entertain you

UtplCnP.jpg

I'd be playing Fallout 4 on my ACER Predator Laptop (if i had one). For what Fallout 4 is, its a game that I would enjoy for several hours as long as i have the power supply to do so. Walking around, shooting raiders, looting abandoned places, riding my power armor, travelling with Dogmeat the Dog, and patrolling the Commonwealth for some raiders, psychos, gunners, and even super mutants to exterminate, for the Brotherhood of Steel.

TXMMokz.jpg

I just happen to have the Sleigh Belle Katarina skin with me so i figured heck, I'd use this. After all, using this skin for Kat replaces her base skin with this lovely dress that clearly shows some of her best "assets" ;). Also, I love those daggers that she has with the said skin.

MERRY WTF Fictional Holiday

What is your favorite fictional holiday that's celebrated in a video game?

yGDTc0i.jpg

Snowdown Showdown is basically the League of Legends' way of celebrating the yuletide season. This is how Christmas is celebrated in the ever lovely world of Runeterra (aka the fictional setting of League of Legends) where everyone either fights in the Winter Wonderland version of Summoner's Rift, or rumble in the Howling Abyss with a game mode that features the ever lovely poro creatures, or they are simply messing around with poros or taking a break from the constant battles in the rift so they could spend their time relaxing in their respective cities, or if you're Katarina, grab some dresses that show off the "Cleavers".

Within the game, Snowdown Showdown has always brought up some rather lovely holiday themed skins for some champions to use. Also, you get to use and abuse the mystery gift system for your friends.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DAY FIVE

SANTA'S LOVELY HELPERS

CLEANING UP THE NAUGHTY LIST: kill an enemy/baddie
    mOUNuRc.jpg

So I'm playing as Soraka, an obvious elf, and I score a sweet First Blood after a rather failed trade between our bot lane units. Also, Soraka is sorta bae

TOP ELF

Who is your favorite elven character, and why?

Lanaya (From DotA 2)
    35O6F30.jpg

She's easily my favorite elven character in recent memory. She has that deadly and exotic assassin look which is a rare sight to see in most Elvish characters. Also, in DotA, she is one of the most satisfying characters to use since she's actually a rather challenging hero to use, but her potential to hyper carry through her crazy damage output and her rather powerful ultimate makes up for her deceptively high skill cap. At times, playing Lanaya kinda felt borderline broken and oppressive, and there was a rather long period within the DotA scene where Lanaya was either a high priority ban or a high priority pick.

What makes Lanaya so good of a hero is that she is rather unique compared to other hard carry Agility heroes in DotA. Unlike most other AGI carries, she reaches her power spike much earlier and continually scales upward from it, which isn't the same thing that can be said to other comparable heroes such as Mortred who is notoriously weak throughout the early game. Lanaya's kit is also one of the most obnoxiously powerful skill kits that an attack damage assassin can possess since she possesses both offensive and defensive steroids, and a rather funny ability in Meld, where she can turn Invisible for an indefinite amount of time by standing completely still, then upon decloaking via an attack, she gets a massive damage boost for her next attack.

Also, i almost forgot to mention, she's an elf with Psionic Blades. Spicy.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Aaand days 10 & 11 are here!
    me, running out of ideas? no...

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Day 6 I think.

Medic goals

Spoiler:

If I could revi- Sgt. Johnson. Easy. Don't even need to finish the question

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DAY ELEVEN

TIS THE SEASON TO BE SLAYING

Tralalalala la la la la. Burning demons while I'm laughing
    HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA

9n0vq8i.jpg

I head back to the land of Brutal Doom to burn a few former humans with my Mancubus flame cannon

CAROLING FOR CHRISTMAS

Are there any video game tracks that remind you of the wintertime/holidays?

Totally Scrooged - Gex 3: Deep Cover Gecko

Pretty much a Christmas themed song. Upon reading the question, i immediately remembered this very track from Gex 3, one of the many games that I've spent hours and hours playing as a young teenager along with the ever lovely library of PSX games that we had back in the day. In Gex 3, Holiday Broadcasting was the first level that we played since it was a very beginner friendly level, much like the first Toon TV stage from Gex: Enter the Gecko.

For some reason, Holiday Broadcasting is the track i remember the most from Gex 3. Of course, it may had something to do with me always having to play that level first every time i did a playthrough of Gex 3.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Alll up to date! :) The current ticket tally:

Xin 16
    Arsenic 12
    ShinyHoundoom?4
    JDJacket?2
    Klippy?2
    Nick Wilde?2

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DAY THIRTEEN

FESTIVITIES AROUND THE WORLD

RULES OF NATURE!
    And they run when the sun comes up
    With their lives on the line
    ALIVE! For a while,
    NO CHOICE! Gotta follow the laws of the wild!

SZk46Zo.jpg

So with some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, i decided to relax under the hot sun. After all, even a merciless killing machine like Raiden still needs a little bit of the chill pill with some sunlight.

SUMMER FUN

which summer release did you anticipate the most, and did it live up to your expectations?

If i have to base Summer time with our part of the earth's sphere, then I'll state out the stuff during May since that's usually part of the Philippine's own Summer months.

Well, none other than the badass motherf**cker of May 2016's releases itself:
    DDJJEfL.jpg

So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again. -Corrax Entry 7:17

DOOM 2016. I've said so much about this game that saying whatever there is to say may be just me repeating what I've said a couple of months ago. From the good, the great, and even the flaws of the game. I've said enough about this game that all i need to do now is to actually write a fully fledged review of this game when my time comes to do so. All i have to say is that this is the game of 2016 that succeeds in many levels. My expectations were met, and even some of the low expectations i had before the game's release was proven wrong, and thank god my skepticism helped.

What I have not said about the Doom reboot but has been said in other media outlets is this: Doom 2016 is a game that fully brims with unapologetic confidence. This is a game that tells you that it absolutely knows what it is, from the unholy amounts of delicious ultraviolence to its rather humorously self aware tone that is cleverly written and portrayed . It channels what made the classic Doom games the thing that made the franchise, and matching well with what the the modern times expect along with some rather delicious surprises. In essence and in comparison to other games released within this era, Doom 2016 doesn't try to be a game that's a sugarcoated power fantasy for people, nor is it a game that tries to portray some ideals, beliefs, and other social commentary expressed within a game. Doom 2016 is simply a video game that it meant to be played for what it is, and the game solidly expresses its confidence and bravado through its fast paced, old school feeling running and gunning along with some excellently implemented modern twists that help revitalize the game and the history behind it. This is simply the game that has truly made me feel happy that gaming and everything related to it is something that i truly enjoy.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DAY FOURTEEN

STUFFING MYSELF WITH GOODIES AND LOOT

CqfCsHZ.jpg

AHH CHAINSAW, THE GREAT COMMUNICATOR!
    Jwshwmu.jpg

Anti-Material Rifle
    (Fallout New Vegas)
    JFh9LFU.png

STG44 - Brutal Wolfenstein

DEAR SANTA

I wish i could have a....

latest

Death Hauler (Gun Grave) -> A coffin i carry on my back that contains much of my other weaponry, and a heavy machine gun in the time of need.

Gungrave is probably one of the coolest things I know and the Tri-Gun inspired look and feel of said game just reminds me that when people use Tri-Gun as a reference to something, they always end up being extremely cool and badass.

On top of that, i'd also want a badass longcoat.

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • DAY FIFTEEN

PICK POCKETING CHRISTMAS

I do one better. Not only do i pick pocket for that NCR Dog Tag and the other loot, i plant a live frag mine to the victim as well. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.
    UDrgxji.jpg

Game: Fallout New Vegas

SILENT KNIGHT?

Stealthy, sneaky and quiet… do you enjoy playing as thieves/assassins/etc? Which is your favorite stealth-based character?
    05IBp6i.jpg

Of course I do. The unseen blade (or whatever deadly apparatus used), is always the deadliest. There's always the thrill of the hunt when you stalk your prey, and that feeling of glorious gratifying satisfaction when you just delete an opponent off the map and quickly getting away from murder.

My favorite character to play for that Assassination sessions would be none other than Rengar. I've played Rengar ever since he was released and its such a pleasure when I get to do what I should do for the team, which is just plainly killing people left and right after I've stalked them with Rengar's active camouflage.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Final week already! Day 18's up (Nick Wilde will be helping me come up with the remaining days, they should be out on time each day now). :D

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • I HONESTLY FORGOT WHAT DAY IT IS

DRUMMERS DANCING

ApZkqDO.jpg

Game -> Flash Flash Revolution. Its crap btw. Jam Legend was much better than this profligate piece of radstagg dung.

Rhythm games are not my forte but I do have fun with a lot of them. Of course the best Rhythm games are the ones in the arcade like Technika, DDR, Guitar Freaks, and their ilk, which is sadly not in this screenie i provided.

Lord's a leaping?

Favorite Title

Diamond II - Xin Zhao's Raiders

In league of legends, whenever you get placed within a certain skill tier, you earn a procedurally/randomly generated title next to your ranking. I was happy to actually get a title called "Xin Zhao's Raiders" at one point during some past seasons ago and I was more than happy to be in there. Also, I had some of the silliest and most epic games when I was kinda stuck in Diamond 2.

Quoting C9 Balls..
    "All that Diamond 2 practice"

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Happy New Year, all! Sorry for the wait, but we've finally got around to wrapping up this event and drawing the winners of the raffle -

In third place, we have..
    SHINYHOUNDOOM!
    Your prize is a colored username of your choice for a week!

Taking the runner-up prize is..
    ARSENIC!
    You have won a $10 gaming gift card and a colored username of your choice!

Aaand finally, coming in first place, the winner of a $20 gaming gift card and also a colored username for a week...
    XIN!

Congratulations! We will be contacting you three shortly to discuss how you want to receive your prizes and all that. And thank you so much to everyone who participated. :)

Back