• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Red Ignited

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Welcome to Pokemon Red IGNITED!

This game is still in its early stages but I'm at the point where I have enough features (in development at least) that I can share my work so far with you!

This game is based on fire red but giving it a kind of "DLC" feel. As if Fire Red got a big giant expansion pack and overhaul! The story follows the same as fire red (for the moment) with a bunch of add ons!​

Current / INDEV Features:
  • Difficulty Increase! - This game will not be just a walk in the park.
  • New Evolutions! Mega evolutions were added for several pokemon (even some that dont currently exist)
  • DOJO's! Each city with a Gym also has a Dojo to challenge. These help level up for the difficult gym and have several rewards.
  • ROAMING POKEMON! There are pokemon roaming around the world making it come alive! Careful, some may break your heart, and some may attack
  • All non-level based evolutions were changed to level based and their movepools were revamped so that no moves are left unlearned by the change of evolution type.
  • New areas! There are a few new areas and many more to come. Each area has unique characters and challenges and pokemon within them as well as requirements to do things.
  • Updating all routes and trainers to have pokemon from all 3 generations (and some 4th gen)
  • FAIRY TYPE! Added fairy type to the game as well as fairy moves to the game
  • The starter pokemon were changed to Dratini, Bagon, and Larvitar
  • New pokemon are being added to the game(other than just mega's) Rilou and lucaio are the only 2 available currently

Some screens from the game:
Spoiler:

Update Log:
Spoiler:

Route Info:
Spoiler:

The patch file for the beta is attached below. Currently you can go up to lavender town (though the routes beforehand may still be in development for things such as roaming poke's etc)
Any and all comments are encouraged and welcome! :) Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• TXG83f0.png
    TXG83f0.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 454
  • Red IGNITED.rar
    43.6 KB · Views: 184
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
This looks interesting! Since right now it seems to be normal Fire Red with extra features and areas, I moved it to the Sideshow Showcase. If this isn't the case, or won't be in the future, just message me or Spherical Ice to move it back for you.

Good luck!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
This looks interesting! Since right now it seems to be normal Fire Red with extra features and areas, I moved it to the Sideshow Showcase. If this isn't the case, or won't be in the future, just message me or Spherical Ice to move it back for you.

Good luck!

Sounds like its in the right place, it'll have the full red story-line intact, Thanks! :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 13, 2021
Not sure if I'm even allowed to bump this, But i'm revitalizing this project and continuing. I will edit the initial thread with updates as they come. I'm doing it alone so it will take time.
Side note;
I cant get my project to open in any pokemon editor, so if anyone is versed in that, I could use the help.
I'm excited to begin working again

Back