• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Tyranitar Offensive Team

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    So I decided to make an offensive team and I need some help and opinions to improve it.

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch
    - Fire Punch

Dragon Dance Tyranitar with Fire and Ice coverage moves.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 44 Def / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 168 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Autotomize
    - Air Slash
    - Flamethrower
    - Giga Drain

Special setup sweeper with the Supersonic Skystrike to help her take the first kill and start the Beast Boost.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
    Ability: Aura Break
    EVs: 188 HP / 140 Atk / 180 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Dragon Dance
    - Thousand Arrows
    - Protect

Setup sweeper with Substitute that take advantages on defensive mons like Chansey.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head
    - Rapid Spin

Support the team with Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin while taking advantage of the Sand Stream from Tyranitar.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Volt Switch

Specs Koko to help the setup mons weaken the opponents and Volt Switch in.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    - Rock Slide
    - Knock Off

Scarf Landorus to help the setup mons weaken the opponents and U-turn in.

Years
  • Hello LatiasSoulDew your team looks pretty decent however a few things i would recommend:
    -give Excadrill life orb or Steelium Z to maximize breaking power as well as give it swords dance over stealth rock the reason is because your goal is to beat down everything and excadrill fills more of a breaker role than a support role on this kind of team so a set like Excadrill,jolly,252attack, 252speed 4def/spdf swords dance,iron head, earthquake,rapid spin Item: steellium-Z/Life orb would be a much more efficient set.
    - another thing, the ideal scarf Landorus-T set would be Jolly 252 attack 252 speed Earthquake, U-turn, Stone edge, Knock off. however if i may suggest a set of 252 attack 252 speed Item: earthplate/Yache Berry/Flyinium-Z/Rockium-Z(Z crystals assuming you went Life orb) Moves: stealth rock, earthquake, Stone edge/Fly, Swords dance/stone edge.
    -also another good scarfer to use if you desire to go the offensive Landorus route is Scarf Kartana as it is able to dent most opposing offense. Set: Item: Choice scarf, Spread: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Def Moves: knock off, Leaf Blade, Sacred sword, Smart strike.
    this is my take on improvements you may do as you wish and i hope i was of assistance.
    if you have any further questions feel free to ask
    -one last thing in the future i would go in detail a bit more on your descriptions for your mons and thier sets this helps other players know your mindset and direction with the sets you are using.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hello LatiasSoulDew your team looks pretty decent however a few things i would recommend:
    -give Excadrill life orb or Steelium Z to maximize breaking power as well as give it swords dance over stealth rock the reason is because your goal is to beat down everything and excadrill fills more of a breaker role than a support role on this kind of team so a set like Excadrill,jolly,252attack, 252speed 4def/spdf swords dance,iron head, earthquake,rapid spin Item: steellium-Z/Life orb would be a much more efficient set.
    - another thing, the ideal scarf Landorus-T set would be Jolly 252 attack 252 speed Earthquake, U-turn, Stone edge, Knock off. however if i may suggest a set of 252 attack 252 speed Item: earthplate/Yache Berry/Flyinium-Z/Rockium-Z(Z crystals assuming you went Life orb) Moves: stealth rock, earthquake, Stone edge/Fly, Swords dance/stone edge.
    -also another good scarfer to use if you desire to go the offensive Landorus route is Scarf Kartana as it is able to dent most opposing offense. Set: Item: Choice scarf, Spread: 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 Def Moves: knock off, Leaf Blade, Sacred sword, Smart strike.
    this is my take on improvements you may do as you wish and i hope i was of assistance.
    if you have any further questions feel free to ask
    -one last thing in the future i would go in detail a bit more on your descriptions for your mons and thier sets this helps other players know your mindset and direction with the sets you are using.
    Hello Levea, thank you for all the suggestions. I'll try them up. :)

Back