• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Help with TileSets

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2019
    So I am starting to make a pokemon game in RPG maker XP(got it separate from steam) and dont want to use the basic default tilesets of the older games. I always loved the look of the heartgold/soulsilver and am trying to find/create a tileset to match it. I have messed around alot with different tilesets I found on deviant art but none of them match (TOO small) Based on a little browsing on deviant art I have come to the conclusion that most people are quite protective of their tilesets and creators are expected to make their own. I have been trying to find a good tutorial / explanation about it online but most are for different version. Can anybody explain to me how the process of making your own tileset works? I have access to photoshop and know the basics of how to use it.

mybusiness

I may be kicked out of here for saying this, but, independent artists and Nintendo share a very common trait: both want to prevent the manipulation of their work, yet we hack them every day.

Years
  • Deviant artsts share their tilesets at 1/2 the size essentials uses them. You'll need to edit them in a program better than paint (one that supports transparencies) to get them into the right size. Make sure anti-aliasing/interpolation is turned off!!

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2022
    Deviant artsts share their tilesets at 1/2 the size essentials uses them. You'll need to edit them in a program better than paint (one that supports transparencies) to get them into the right size. Make sure anti-aliasing/interpolation is turned off!!

Paint supports transparency. It just needs to be on a white background. I've used paint for all my Tileset so far. Just saying if you don't have anything better paint is also fine. But yes usually tiles from rips are 16x16 per tile. You'll need to double it for your essentials Tileset making each tile 32x32

Back