• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Importing maps from one game to another RPGmaker XP

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
First as a fresh member I want to say hi! I am working on a small pokemon game, mostly just for fun and to learn some basic about programming. The most fun way to do this i thought was to make a fun game for my 4 years old son, and he kinda likes Pokemon so making a game for him. It is set in the original kanto region, but I am adding a lot of new stuff, like a batcave where you can encounter batman and some other weird stuff that he hopefully gonna love. After mapping the first maps after memory and some help from bullpedia and making some custom stuff on them (like the mentioned batcave) I realised that the whole Kantoo region was aviable for download.

So I got Curts region starter package. The only problem is I cant figure out how to copy his maps into my project. And I do not want to use his maps and just my own events, as I like the maps i already made. (altough I find mapping to be quite boring, the result was statisfying.)

So my question is, how do I copy his maps into my own game. And not all maps, just some of them. Thank you for helping me out.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
From what I know, your maps data are located in the "Data" folder. So I think (I may be wrong) that you can simply copy the MapXXX files you need from one folder to another.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I have tried that, but when doing so, I do not get them to show up inside my game. Might be that I need to do 1 more step other than just copying as well, as I belivie also the PBS folder need to be edited. Another problem with that is I am not able to see which map file corresponds to which map. As the pack contains maps for several regions, and I only want Kantoo, and not all Kantoo maps as I allready made some myself that I want to keep. And the maps in the pack when merged with essentials are named map 001, map 002, etc up to mad 600 or something. I did not find a way to know which map corresponds to which file.

But thanks for taking your time to reply! :)

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
I have tried that, but when doing so, I do not get them to show up inside my game. Might be that I need to do 1 more step other than just copying as well, as I belivie also the PBS folder need to be edited. Another problem with that is I am not able to see which map file corresponds to which map. As the pack contains maps for several regions, and I only want Kantoo, and not all Kantoo maps as I allready made some myself that I want to keep. And the maps in the pack when merged with essentials are named map 001, map 002, etc up to mad 600 or something. I did not find a way to know which map corresponds to which file.

But thanks for taking your time to reply! :)

PDif9TH.png
When working with Pokemon Essentials, if you open a map, the ID number of the map will be at the center-bottom of the screen as seen in the picture above. This number corresponds with the ID number in the Data folder.
For example, the map ID in the picture above is 007, therefore:
4VnFGcA.png
Notice how the two numbers are identical?

Now, as for transferring maps from one game to the next. There are three things inside of the Data folder you have to copy/paste into your game for this to work. These things are:
1. MapInfos.rxdata
2. MapXXX.rxdata (XXX are the numbers of the maps)
3. Tilesets.rxdata
However, note this. I have seen Kurt's Region starter pack before, and I've noticed this: It DOES NOT use the same tilesets as the regular Pokemon Essentials. So, you will have to go into Graphics/Tilesets and copy/paste all of the Tilesets from that folder to yours. However, this means whatever maps you have made so far will not look like they should, meaning you will have to re-do the maps you have made. Hopefully this helps.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
However, note this. I have seen Kurt's Region starter pack before, and I've noticed this: It DOES NOT use the same tilesets as the regular Pokemon Essentials. So, you will have to go into Graphics/Tilesets and copy/paste all of the Tilesets from that folder to yours. However, this means whatever maps you have made so far will not look like they should, meaning you will have to re-do the maps you have made. Hopefully this helps.

Had to shorten quote to be allowed to post as it was recognized as a html link.

Hi, and thanks a lot! This really helped me out. I had allready done 1 and 2, but the maps looked really weird and non functional, so I guessed something like number 3 and copied in tilesets with names not allready being present in my own game, and still the maps looked really weird with lots of stuff missing etc. So I guess I should have guessed the problem, but I never really thought about that number 4 you are giving there, about him not using same tilesets as essentials. And that explains a lot!

It also gives me a follow up question, since Curt is using different tilesets, making it harder to implements his Kantoo maps into my own Kantoo and custom maps, it kinda loses the point in using them. And that brings up another question, you guys know of any other resource pack containing Kanto or parts of Kanto that is compatible to tilesets in essentials? That being either not overlapping or using the same.

And again, thank you for your help. Saves me from quite a lot of frustration by trying and failing on getting them to work

averyindahouse

Creator of Pokemon Sigma (Coming Soon)
Years
Had to shorten quote to be allowed to post as it was recognized as a html link.

Hi, and thanks a lot! This really helped me out. I had allready done 1 and 2, but the maps looked really weird and non functional, so I guessed something like number 3 and copied in tilesets with names not allready being present in my own game, and still the maps looked really weird with lots of stuff missing etc. So I guess I should have guessed the problem, but I never really thought about that number 4 you are giving there, about him not using same tilesets as essentials. And that explains a lot!

It also gives me a follow up question, since Curt is using different tilesets, making it harder to implements his Kantoo maps into my own Kantoo and custom maps, it kinda loses the point in using them. And that brings up another question, you guys know of any other resource pack containing Kanto or parts of Kanto that is compatible to tilesets in essentials? That being either not overlapping or using the same.

And again, thank you for your help. Saves me from quite a lot of frustration by trying and failing on getting them to work

Currently, I do not know of a Kanto starter pack that uses the tileset that is compatible with Essentials. However, I currently have remade Cerulean City and Route 4 just for the fun of it. In addition to the fangame I am currently making (which I will be releasing soon), I am in the works of re-doing Kanto using the Essentials tileset. If you would like what I have, you can send me a PM, and I'm sure we can work something out.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Currently, I do not know of a Kanto starter pack that uses the tileset that is compatible with Essentials. However, I currently have remade Cerulean City and Route 4 just for the fun of it. In addition to the fangame I am currently making (which I will be releasing soon), I am in the works of re-doing Kanto using the Essentials tileset. If you would like what I have, you can send me a PM, and I'm sure we can work something out.

Thank you very much for the help, I will send you a PM about those 2 maps.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
I do not understand how to add the correct tilesets to the new maps. How do I know which tilesets to use? Can somebody please help me and explain it in simple terms? Thank you!

Back