• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Combat pacing

Scion Ceph

Old Iron
Years
  • The idea came to mind somewhat recently and I'd like to try bouncing it off some other people, see if it's a sane idea or not, albeit most likely a situational idea as an opt-in deal. Also, not 100% sure I'm even in the right place for a thread like this, so, pardon.

Anyway. The idea is to cut down a lot of numbers after calculations, mainly damage and healing from things like Recover or Sitrus Berries but not Leftovers, Poison Heal, Poison/Burn, and other over-time continuous effects. The goal is to, of course, significantly draw out how long battles last with the intent of making moves or gimmicks such as Substitute and Pressure/Spite more effective on more people. Though I understand Substitute (and other existing stall gimmicks) can be pretty oppressive already.

There's also durations of field effects likely needing a boost. Another concern is stacking up stat buffs, particularly defensive ones, could become... a problem, to put it lightly. (Minimize Muk with Black Sludge...)

Back