• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen --Anyone Else Agree?--//+Some info on me

Darkbandit16

Elite Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • I prefered the storyline of the first 3 Pokemon games.

--BUT: I liked the pokemon 1-251(I think it's 251) I loved the special events in the Silver/Gold ones. And I also liked the animated sprites of the Crystal one.

The graphics and songs/towns of the G/S/C cannot be competed with.

But the first storyline (R/B/Y), of an Evil Maniac Pokemon Trainer that owned a Gym and a evil Team (Rocket), started all of the future Pokemon games general ideas.

Has there been a Pokemon game that has not used the: Evil Leader/Evil Team that tries to take over the Pokemon World?

I also adored the PokeGear and New PokeDex system that was added to the start menu in G/S/C.

So, does anyone else agree that the Kanto storyline was the greatest story of all Pokemon prologues? (I'm not downing the other games, just that I prefer the R/B/Y storyline)

And another thing, I LOVED the length of G/S/C.

--BECAUSE: I beat the Yellow version in 20 hours and 17 minutes.

I remember when I had my birthday, getting a GameBoy Color and Pokemon Yellow. My first video game ever (that I owned). Of course, who didn't play Mario on the nes/snes with their Mother? Or Batman Forever with their cousin (lol). Ever since that very first pokemon game, I was hooked on it.

+/\+Has anyone had a record time of beating a Pokemon Game like mine?

And then, there is always the fun times of beating the Yellow game. Then buying a Gameshark and dominating it further. Missingno...How odd. Or the "complete pokedex" code. (By the way, I typed the code in wrong, and forever corrupted my save file. My pokedex was full, don't get me wrong, but there was a #152 pokemon, below Mew. Some how, it was a Scyther.)

And the ability to trade from R/B/Y to G/S/C. GENIOUS!

You could hack pokemon files and edit their stats/moves and trade them over to Silver/etc.

Anyone remember the Surfing Pikachu? Or the actual Flying Charizard? Good times...Good times...

Ah well. I got off track here. Just wanted to try and remember some of my Pokemon History.

What started your addiction to Pokemon?
    --What was your pokemon life story?

P.S. The only good Pokemon Series, was with the first 8 badges. And maybe the first 5 movies. But the new series.....ugh....what a waste of 30 minutes. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ASH?!

Well, back to you, Bob.

"That was T.K. from Pokemon Info. And today's news include......"

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Im a huge fan of the first 2 series, but I enjoy Ruby. I first got my blue and red when I was 5 or 6. I played the hell out of that thing. My red game doesn't work anymore but my blue still does. I call it ol reliable because you have no idea how many glitches and hacks that things been through. I got Yellow next and i just loved that pikachu. I played pokemon until 2nd grade when digimon and yugioh took over. I picked up pokemon again in 5th grade for the summer but stopped playing. Around 7th grade I started smoking pot and had a thought that pokemon would be trippy as hell high. Me, my best friend, and my cousin played almost that whole summer sober and high. I stopped playing in 8th grade, but decided to pick it back up that summer. I haven't put it down since. Me and my best friend still play together almost every weekend now.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
    Years
  • Such nostalgia you're making me think. Stop doing that! Heh, just kidding.

The Metal Generation was really one of my favorites, the oriental Eastern side to it along with a special storyline that occurs later in the Pokemon world is very interesting. It has so much data jam packed into it, such a shame you couldn't go back to the older regions in the third generation.

Kanto's storyline paved the way for Pokemon classics. The first Pokemon series was a classic act all the way, very nice and epic-like. It was like nothing else...basically.

Unfortunately, all the generations have some sort of organization having the plan of domination, whether it'd be changing the geological patterns of the world (Third Generation) or simply making a new empire (Diamond/Pearl).

And your Yellow record is indeed impressive. Very impressive. However, the record, according to Speed Demos Archive for the Pokemon games is the following:

• Pokemon Red/Blue: 2 hours and 9 minutes without glitches, 1 hour and 26 minutes with glitches
    • Pokemon Yellow: 2 hours and 28 minutes
    • Pokemon Gold/Silver: 4 hours and 15 minutes
    Obviously, these weren't achieved by the same person. It's phenomenal though...

@Phish: Goodness gracious, you smoked pot when you were in seventh grade? Gosh, that's crazy. @_@

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Such nostalgia you're making me think. Stop doing that! Heh, just kidding.

The Metal Generation was really one of my favorites, the oriental Eastern side to it along with a special storyline that occurs later in the Pokemon world is very interesting. It has so much data jam packed into it, such a shame you couldn't go back to the older regions in the third generation.

Kanto's storyline paved the way for Pokemon classics. The first Pokemon series was a classic act all the way, very nice and epic-like. It was like nothing else...basically.

Unfortunately, all the generations have some sort of organization having the plan of domination, whether it'd be changing the geological patterns of the world (Third Generation) or simply making a new empire (Diamond/Pearl).

And your Yellow record is indeed impressive. Very impressive. However, the record, according to Speed Demos Archive for the Pokemon games is the following:

• Pokemon Red/Blue: 2 hours and 9 minutes without glitches, 1 hour and 26 minutes with glitches
    • Pokemon Yellow: 2 hours and 28 minutes
    • Pokemon Gold/Silver: 4 hours and 15 minutes
    Obviously, these weren't achieved by the same person. It's phenomenal though...

@Phish: Goodness gracious, you smoked pot when you were in seventh grade? Gosh, that's crazy. @_@

I mean yeah, I did on and off in 7th grade. I didn't start getting heavily into it until last summer

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I'll C/P what I said in another thread (hey, that rhymed!):

Momoko: I started out in Hoenn (Sapphire) {where I met Brandon, he then quit right before the league}, and then I went over to Sinnoh (Pearl) straight after the league {Where I met up with Yuki}.
    Once I beat Sinnoh I ventured over to Kanto (Firered) {Yuki followed me over}.
    Afterwards, I returned to Hoenn (Emerald) {Yuki gave up the stalking, and I met up with Brandon who decided to be a trainer again, I also met Dustin during the league}, and went towards the Battle Frontier, but I later decided to go back to Sinnoh (same Pearl) {Yuki & Dustin followed me over}

Dustin has told me of his travels in Johto, so I'm waiting for a time for us all to go there.

Oh, and before I forget to mention, my best friend, Rosa, has been traveling with me for a majority of the time, and I have ALWAYS had my Blaziken with me <3

Well, I'm all out of breath, so I think I'm going to stop now. Take it from here, Kit! <3

~~~~~

Well... it seems that SHE'S had quite a journey!

Years
  • i remember when i was a little boy, I used to love the series. I always rushed home so I wouldn't miss the latest episode ahh... good memories. One day on my, I think it was 10th birthday I got Pokemon Silver and I was absolutely hooked to it. My cousin (ironically) already had Pokemon Gold version and we used to battle whenever he came other. But that was 5 years ago............ But I still play it regularly

JonnyPhoenyx

Steel Trainer and Proud
    Years
  • Man, I was in 2nd grade when Pokemon came out. My birthday was Sept 4 (25 days before the release If i remember right) So I had to wait till christmas. I had a green gameboy pocket and had to make a choice between the Pokemon Blue or Red. toughest decision ever! (At least back then.) I winded up with red and later bought blue. Beat both, then F*** them over by catching MISSINGNO. Good Times. I never did fully beat Silver, so I restarted and am doing that now. Without the aid of a gameshark or other cheats I might add. A feat that I have never before accompished! XD

Back