• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite sprite/model animation

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
Years
  • With Gen VI we got 3d models for every Pokemon, and different animations for every Pokemon: idle, fainting, physical attack and special/status attacks. They also close their eyes when sleeping and other little details.

Some Pokemon have some seriously great little gems hidden in those animations, others simply look really good, others... not so much (Poor Xatu frozen in midair)

What's some of your favourites?
    I'm going to start with Samurott's swords, it really caught me off guard first time I saw it.

Spoiler:

So cool

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I love Darumaka's little dance. :,D Especially when it gets Paralyzed and just, dances more sluggishly.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Mega Lopunny bc it is always in sync with music

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've always liked how Azumarill's tail will glow cyan during some attack animations. I also like how drippy Goodra is. :)
    azumarill-2.gif
    goodra-4.gif

Last edited:
    Back