• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] "Controlling" DNS to be day or night

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
I have a part of my hack that requires a nighttime scene, but unfortunately DNS only supports automatic time changes and not something controlled by a variable or flag. How would I pull something like this off?

EDIT: Found a good DN system compatible with my other patches. How do I manually spoof the GBA clock in FireRed? I'm no stranger to ASM so you don't need to write anything for me, just some pointers (figuratively and literally) would be nice.

EDIT 2: All of that is BS since I can just edit the palettes at runtime by easily editing whatever's at 0x05000000 and beyond... I know it is 16 bit color but why does green get and extra bit? And how do I str binary instead of hex in assembly?

EDIT 3: Ignore EDIT 2. Trying to edit ASM code now.

EDIT 4: Nevermind. Used the exceptions field in DNS to set whatever I want to day and everything else to night.

Last edited:
Back