• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[News] Fake Pokemon Plushies caught in South Korea

Firious2

Fire and Ice
Years
  • They look pretty high quality for being fakes. I get that they're probably made in sweatshops and such, but they look near enough like the official licenced ones from the pokemon center (several of which I have and need more of)

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I would not mind those fake toys, they look pretty nice!

:p
    wow that's a lot of Pokemon plushies
    They look pretty high quality for being fakes. I get that they're probably made in sweatshops and such, but they look near enough like the official licenced ones from the pokemon center (several of which I have and need more of)
    And that's the scary part, they all look so real & I'm not sure they caught 'em all.

Pika Pika :chu:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • Hey, for being knockoffs they're really high quality, I would not mind having one of those; they look really cute!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Hey, for being knockoffs they're really high quality, I would not mind having one of those; they look really cute!
    Yes they are cute & cheaper, but what people don't realize is that buying fakes harms not only the sellers who can't sell their legit plushies (because the fakes are so cheap), but everyone.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm terrible, and I would totally buy them. Those are such nice quality, and I know they're "fake" in regards to not being "official", but they're almost better made than some of the ones that really are official. orz

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • I'm terrible, and I would totally buy them. Those are such nice quality, and I know they're "fake" in regards to not being "official", but they're almost better made than some of the ones that really are official. orz
    I mean... I wouldn't mind keeping some of them. ;__; Even if they are fake!

Basically what ^ said.
    They're surprisingly well made.
    Ya, they seem to be good quality & it is tempting to buy them, but they are still fakes.

Buying a bootleg/fake hurts the economy. It takes money away from the company that makes the originals & also from sellers who can't sell the legit ones, which causes the profits to be lower, which in turn forces the company to raise the prices to offset the loss in revenue, not just of the merchandise being faked, but other merchandise as well & everyone suffers. That's how market works.

Back