• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bought myself a new wii, my games on my old sd card wont work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2023
    Hey there, I replaced my old wii with a new one, the red-colored 25th anniversary edition no less, with box and all, but my games on my old sd card i used on my old wii cant be booted on my new one can anybody help me on this? These games are mostly VC, with one game at least being from wiiware.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    From everything I remember about this, it was always a formatting issue with the SD card. I know I did end up having to get a new one. If there's something wrong with the console itself just know there's a good chance Nintendo is no longer offering support. :<

Speaking of which, they actually does have a pretty comprehensive System Support FAQ. Definitely look into it.

Back