• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] The Elements [T] [OOC]

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Ok here is my second SU. Again sorry this took so long

Name: Renee Shostoni

School: Unbound Thought

Element(s): Metal (primary) Earth (Secondary) Lightning (tertiary) Fire (Quaternary)

Fighting Style (Weapons, "Signature" Attacks): Renee is a swordsman of unparalleled prowess, wiping out foes quickly and effortlessly with her swift and precise strikes, and has even been know to wield two swords at once. She has even begun to wield other weapons, just to make fights interesting. Be it spears, axes, staves, or even clubs, if you can duel with it she's used it. While she doesn't carry her ever growing arsenal on herself, her twin swords, Stella and Voldan, are made from a special metal that becomes easily malleable when metal magic is channeled into them, allowing Renee to change their form at any time to suit her needs. While she can wield a large amount of aether, she never had the skill or patience to practice true magic, and thus channels it into her weapons to enhance them. She can make her sword glow hot with fire magic to cut through most other substances like a hot knife through butter, or charge it with lightning to increase the speed of her strikes or shock foes on contact. She can also strengthen the integrity of the sword itself with her metal magic, causing it to well outlast most other weapons, or she can reverse it to make enemies weapons more brittle. The nature of these enhancement spells makes them cost smaller amounts of aether to maintain then most spells, this coupled with her large energy reserves means she can often outlast most attacks and still have plenty left to begin her own assault. However, her lack of any real magic means her ranged power is limited to throwing weapons and small lightning strikes. While she can raise a small earth or lightning shield, they don't last long. She is able to cut spells in two with her blade, deflecting some attacks, but powerful ones, or explosive fire or lightning attacks will not be affected by this technique and simply blow up in her face. Similarly, if attacked from behind or caught of guard, there is little she can do other then defend herself with her weapons, which she can use to her advantage if not dispatched quickly enough. Her extreme focus often causes her to fail to notice traps until she's already in them.

Appearance (Pictures Allowed):
    Spoiler:

she's around 5'8" with long red hair, usually tied in a ponytail, and fiery red eyes.
    Personality (At least one paragraph): Very unlike most her peers in the school of Unbound Thought, Renee is often calm, cool, and calculating, often preferring to size up a situation before getting herself involved. While most mages at her school are testing the limits of their physical capabilities or how big and destructive a spell they can make, Renee is perfecting her technique, in both sword craft and sword play. In battle however, she's a completely different person. Over confident in her abilities, she often rushes straight into the fray without a second thought. She lives for the rush of battle, and always longs to find an opponent who can match her with a blade. She's always ready for a challenge and will never back down from a fight, especially when her or her father's work is brought into question.

History (At least two paragraphs): With a renowned blacksmith as a father and a notorious duelist as a mother, Renee's family was unique, to say the least. She was but ten years old when she started assisting her father with his work, watching him mix earth and fire magic to forge the strongest and most durable blades. The more she worked with him, the more fascinated in blade-craft she became. She felt a deep connection to the metal, as though each contained hidden potential that could be brought out thought the art of forging. She would often watch her mom train as well, equally fascinated by the advanced strikes and slashes she'd preform as she practiced for the next duel. Her mother taught her the technique of using lightning magic to improve the speed and swiftness of a strike. Soon they began training together, Renee's skill improving each day.
    Then came the faithful day, when she participated in her first duel. She was 15 at the time, and was helping her father tend the shop when a old customer came in, complaining about a faulty blade. The man stated that the blade was too brittle, and pointed out a place where it had already been chipped. While her father was willing to make reprimands for the faulty sword, Renee stood up for him, stating that her father would never have made a blade that wouldn't last one battle, and accused him of using it improperly. This enraged the man, who immediately challenged the young girl calling him out to a duel, as was customary. Renee accepted, despite the protests of her parents, and choose to use the faulty sword the man had brought in as her weapon of choice.
    As they prepared to fight, Renee remembered all her parents had taught her, and poured a good amount of earth, lightning, and fire magic into the sword. They clashed and the sword the man expected to break not only held strong, but cut clean through his own blade. Astonished, the man wasn't prepared as Renee followed with a devastating combination of slashes and stabs. As Renee's assault ended the terrified man turned and fled, covered in cuts and bruises. Renee's prowess with a blade spread throughout the town and eventually reached the ears of the grandmaster of the nearby school, who immediately requested that she join.
    Renee accepted the invitation with open arms, excited to bring her father's blades and mother's technique to the school. 3 years passed, and although Renee more often takes lessons from her mother then her teachers, her skill with a blade remains unmatched. Now with the tournament just around the corner, she eagerly awaits opening ceremonies, not only to prove herself as the best swordsman in the world, but also to spread the word far and wide of her father's craft, a legacy she hopes to continue.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    on the note of interaction bardothren, Sennis doesn't have many ways to go from Skymouth to Aldhaven without passing through Lavorgo. So if you want to do an interaction between her and Shen, let me know. I was think maybe they take the same boat and he hears her playing music to start it off? let me know where you want to go with her.

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Lavorgo's in the middle of the desert, so traveling there can be difficult. The exception is the major road and the river, which are tolled heavily by the Scholl of the Elusive Path. This probably wouldn't be a problem for Artistic Combat, they're one of the wealthiest schools, but discourage those low on funds.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Yep, it's just as gard said, Lavorgo has only two real connections to the outside, the Oasis Maze, which is a "road" (more or less a trail or path) that zigzags between the many oasis of the desert making it confusing to navigate by those not familiar with the area, and the large river that passes through the town, which Lavorgo restricts to trade vessels or those willing to pay a heavy toll. As for the ice boat, I was thinking just a normal boat that both schools ride together to Aldhaven, maybe AC team can ride at lowered discount cuz of the occation? ES obviously rides for free.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Also if you want to know why such a large river runs through the desert, that will be explained later. Let's just say that it is definitely not natural and magic is involved.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    True, I just don't see a boat of ice as too comfortable, also an ice boat sailing through a desert doesn't seem logistically smart either.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    But it could be magic ice XD. Posted for Atka and Jade. If you missed it, Jade's is attached to the end of Atka's post.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Well ES and AC would have to ride the same boat if u want any decent interaction to occur.

Also, one question I do have is whether or not I can/should add more details about Shen's personally, namely a bit of ADHD/anxiousness or social awkwardness of i haven't already. I'd like to just to flesh out his character and overall make his interactions different from Renee's who is outgoing/blunt with her approach towards others.

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    My two cents for you two's interaction: The Schools have come to an agreement where ES rides with AC in exchange for free passage through the toll gates.

And yeah, add whatever you want.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Shen's will start tomorrow as well, just remember to end your's, Bardothren, as the ship pulls into Lavorgo's port. I do plan to add an npc to his story, although it will be rather minor and mostly an explanation on a unique feature of Elusive Path's offence team and possibly a utility character down the road.

Also, I don't think Sennis has much to worry about, Shen mostly keeps to himself as well lol. Although he may find her music rather interesting and take a peek.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2015
    Likewise, my post and Gard's next post of the Atka's/Renee fight was also a joint post collaboration created through pm

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Apologies on not getting my post out, I've been procrastinating quite nicely hehe...
    However, I would like to post the next chapter on Friday. If anyone hasn't posted yet, please do. Everyone else, make sure all character interactions are finished by then.

Here comes the tournament!

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Chapter Two is out. If you haven't posted, I've assumed that you successfully made it to the city. Fight!

YellowGardevoir

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Yeah unfortunately bracket was the best way for me to organize it but make it fairly random. If anyone has a better idea I'm open to it. And yes, PM or another messaging system would be best.

Back