• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

team help on a new team

Years
  • ok so since i am bored waiting for the right eggs to hatch for my old team, i decided to put together a new team! this one is based solely on looks, i simply chose the coolest looking (in my opinion) pokemon. its probably not a good premise for a team, but hey, these games are all about fun right? i haven't actually captured any of these pokemon yet (in fact i am certain you can't actually get any of these on the ruby cartridge alone >.>) so natures and moves can be changed. some movesets i just used from my old team, and most of these movesets probably are outdated cause i used some pokemon from the GSC era.... evs and hold items suggestions are also well appreciated. well onto team pride (the last team i called sloth... hehe get it?).

suicune (modest)- Surf, Rain Dance, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat

houndoom (modest)- Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Flamethrower, Crunch
    EVs- 252 sp.att/252 speed/6 hp

absol (lonely)- Swords Dance, Shadow Ball, Aerial Ace, Double Team
    EVs- 252 att/252 speed/6 hp

umbreon (hardy)- Shadow Ball, Moonlight, Confuse Ray, Double Edge

espeon (modest)- Psychic, Morning Sun, Reflect, Return

scizor (adamant)- Swords Dance, Steel Wing, Endure, Reversal

or (can't decide which is better ><)

raichu (hasty)@- thunder wave, thunderbolt, return,---

quick question as well, is a scyther ok to use instead of scizor? or is using a scyther like using a pre-evolution pokemon? i always wanted to use one way back when, but i never got around to it, and last night i had a dream about praying mantises so i think it's destiny to use a scyther! hehe or something like that...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Suicune@Leftovers:
    Timid, 252SpAtk/128Spd/128HP
    - Pressure
    Surf
    Ice Beam/HP:Grass/HP:Electric
    Calm Mind
    Rest

- CMcune. Much like a Special Curselax.. but with good speed.

Houndoom@Leftovers:
    Modest, 252SpAtk/252Spd/4HP
    - Flash Fire
    Sunny Day
    Solarbeam
    Flamethrower
    Crunch

- I like the Sunnybeam set. It does tend to die, so you might want WoW/HP:Grass over Sunnybeam.

Absol@Shell Bell:
    Jolly, 252Atk/252Spd/4Def
    - Pressure
    Swords Dance
    Shadow Ball
    Aerial Ace
    Return

- Double team tends to let you down at the worst possible moment. Avoid hax if you can.

Getting tired of rating. I'll finish up later.

Years
  • ok well thanks for the (almost) rate ^^ i cant do HM moves because i'm on the cartridge and it's a little too difficult to do. also, i can't seem to get aerial ace and shadow ball on my absol at the same time.... i used both tms (stupid stupid me) and i breed both moves back to absol easily but i now have some with shadow ball and the others with aerial ace. is there anyway one could get them both on the same absol without needing a tm?

as for the rest of the team i think i might want to use scyther over scizor... maybe.
    it's not meant to be a too too serious team, after all, the opponent who'll ill probably have soon is the kind of person who likes "cute" (aka unevolved) and "fire" pokemon >< so her team should be easy to beat with just the suicune.

also does it matter who you start with?

Years
  • You can buy the Shadow Ball TM in Fire Red/Leaf Green in the Game Corner, if that helps.
    On Scyther: He is the strongest non-fully-evolved Pok?mon, stat-wise, and Scizor has that ugly 4x fire weakness. Use whomever you like better. (I usually select my favourites out of the fully evolved Pok?mon; I like Metagross 'cause he's pretty blue. :))

Continuing the rate:

Umbreon@Apicot/Leftovers:
    - Synchronize
    Impish, 252Def/128HP/128SpDef
    Curse/Mean Look
    Shadow Ball/C-ray/Toxic
    Baton Pass
    Moonlight/Wish

The defense-raising berries aren't quite so useless when you're passing. The Cursebreon set demands Moonlight, but Wish can help if you're about to Pass.

Espeon@Lum Berry:
    - Synchronize
    Calm, 252SpAtk/252HP/4SpDef
    Psychic
    HP:Ice/other HP:Special
    Morning Sun
    Bite

Special stats with physical movepool. Why, GF, why? SynchroLum 'cause it's fun and destroys toxistallers.

Raichu@Shell Bell:
    - Static
    Modest, 252SpAtk/252Spd/4Def
    HP:Special
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder Wave
    Agility/Return/meh

or

Raichu@Leftovers:
    - Static
    Calm, 252SpAtk/252HP/4Spd
    Thunder
    Rain Dance
    Surf/HP:Water
    Thunder Wave

Won't survive an EQ from anything, even with EVs+Bold, so just switch. Don't try the Thunderdance with a Pikachu@Light Ball, as it'll die upon Dancing.

Scizor/Scyther@Salac/Leftovers:
    - Swarm
    Careful, 252HP/128Atk/128SpDef
    Silver Wind
    Baton Pass
    Swords Dance
    Agility/Iron Defense

Could've saved a slot if he had Bulk Up or Dragon Dance, but he doesn't... :(

Take care. :)

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    MetalMario said:
    On Scyther: He is the strongest non-fully-evolved Pok?mon, stat-wise, and Scizor has that ugly 4x fire weakness. Use whomever you like better.

WTF

scyther isn't the strongest pre-evo, and he doesn't have a 4x weak to fire

Pinsir (off the top of my head) has a better attack stat

Snorlax is OU and not evolved so meh.

Scyther is 4x weak to ice, 2x weak to fire, 2x weak to flying, and 4x weak to rock, 2x weak to electricity.

Doomhanger

Infusion
    Years
  • Try this Suicune moveset, i havnt tested it yet...

Suicune-leftovers

Mirror Coat
    Bulk up/Curse
    Return
    Surf

I wonder is this works, probably doesnt, meh

Years
  • husk1442 said:
    WTF

scyther isn't the strongest pre-evo
    LEARN TO READ. Scyther has the highest base stats of any non-fully-evolved Pok?mon, at 500. Second is Golbat at 450. Does Snorlax evolve? No. It's FULLY EVOLVED.

husk1442 said:
    , and he doesn't have a 4x weak to fire
    I never said that.

MetalMario said:
    and Scizor has that ugly 4x fire weakness.
    Scizor: Bug/Steel type. Normal: *1/2, Fire: *4, Grass: *1/2, Ice: *1/2, Poison: *0, Psychic: *1/2, Bug: *1/2, Ghost: *1/2, Dragon: *1/2, Dark: *1/2, Steel: *1/2

Don't flame if you don't know what you're talking about.

Edit: Linkie: ht tp://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_rs_stats.txt (Copy and paste since gamefaqs are asshats and block referrers. Search "2) Unevolved Pok?mon List:")

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    lol, my bad I skipped the word scizor and btw if you don't have an evolution you are not evolved :\

So I guess Snorlax whose base stats come out to 540 beats out scyther

Btw I like how you just edited your previous post ;)

Years
  • If a Pok?mon's "not fully evolved", that implies it can evolve further. :)

I added a link to the previous post; how is that a big deal?

Years
  • whoa O_O sorry to start a flame war here... but i agree with mario. of all the pokemon who still have the opportunity to evolve, scyther is the strongest. ie snorlax has no option to evolve further as of yet and so he doesnt really count as in the same group as scyther.
    anyway thanks to all who helped out my team. i think ill stick to scyther... can silver wind be breed onto him?
    a quick question, how does a pikachu learn surf? can i possibly get a raichu with surf in ru/sa (or fr/lg for that matter?). it's a great move to have on one i admit, but i heard it was only possible on the pikachu you get in pokemon yellow... and for the espeon does HP Ice = ice beam? i'm on the cartidges so i can't easily get the HP moves to be a specific element.
    thanks all!

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    you get surfing pikachu from the first collosuem or someting or the other I don't have

hp ice doesn't equal ice beam, powerwise or ability wise

Years
  • In Advanced, Surfing Pichu comes from Box.

Each Hidden Power deals, on average, 50 base damage. Bolt/Beam/Surf/Flamethrower are base 95. (Also remember that the base damage and type for HP is fixed for a given poke. Damage ranges from 30-70)

It is tough to breed for Hidden Powers, and that's why I said HP:Ice/other HP:Special. You have a 50% chance of getting an HP:Special with each egg. 25% if you want one stronger than base 50. >_<

Back