• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Strange Souvenir

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Are you serious? Is this some sort of joke? They never even ANNOUNCED a Wii U Game, that was my ASSUMPTION, so if they never announced the game how can you POSSIBLY say it's a spin off game? How are you SO arrogant that you can't fathom that maybe, (JUST MAYBE) the console game is NOT a spin off, but rather another mainline game?
1) Gamefreak has never made a Pokemon game for the main console.
2) Gamefreak has expressed severe dislike to the idea of making an MAIN game for a home console as they are supposed to be for the handheld systems only.
3) If the game is not made by Gamefreak, it is a Spinoff and holds no place in the main series. Since the Backpacker reference is in a main game, it is for a future main game and not a spin off.

IS THAT what your whole problem is? That console games must ALWAYS be spin offs? No one ever, EVER said that once. The Wii U game is all blind speculation, btu you speak with authority that it (a game that for all we know doens't exist) MUST be a spin off and MUST be set in orre? Wow. That hurts my brain. It really does.

I never said it was set if Orre. You used Orre as an example, I corrected your incorrect statement. Orre isn't related to any main series, and isn't recognized by Gamefreak. Since Gamefreak doesn't recognize spin offs as official they would make no connection between their games and any spin off created area such as Orre.

The two years time limit is not for a new gen, it's for the third in the series (or the sequel, as was the case for Black and White 2) http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_games_by_release_date

Why are you so sure we're getting a third game? That pattern was already broken and holds no truth anymore. Two years is plenty of time between main games. Especially since they start working on the next one as soon as they finished the last one. With proper technology they have plenty of time to make a new region and game in a two year span, especially if they can alter and update older games to newer specifications in a year or so from the last game release.

Again, not reading. I said (again, VERY clearly)

Gale of Darkness - Release Date - Aug 2005 in Japan , Diamon and Pearl released Sept 2006 (And yes, in my haste I typed Lucario when I meant to type Bonsly apparently, but the poit is still the same, 2 gen 4 pokemon were shown in the gamecube games BEFORE they came out in the handheld games, so how is saying exactly what chronoligically happened "the complete opposite" of what I said when you can look up release dates right here on the internet?)

Please tell me how a sneak peek into the next games through use of a Spin off is the same thing as a spin off appearing in a main series game hint when the creators of the main series do not acknowledge the existence of spin off information. Gale wasn't the only game to showcase Gen 4 Pokemon before the release. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon did it as well. Orre still doesn't exist and isn't related to the main series. Its its own standalone universe that was used as a marketing strategy to showcase possible new Pokemon a head of time, just as the Anime does.

You are saying that the Strange Souvenir is a reference to a Spin Off despite that spin offs aren't recognized by Gamefreak.

Really? I don't mention it's a comparison? Not even in the post you yourself quoted?

Yeah, I hate it when I don't say things I clearly already said. Glad you quoted me, it made it easier for me to find.

Orre was not a new region in the generation. Its a stand alone game that doesn't link up to any generation in particular. It came out at the time of Ruby and Sapphire, but the game set itself isn't part of generation 3. The only games part of the generation 3 set are the main games, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green. Orre doesn't appear in any main game data. Origin Region for Pokemon from either Orre game is overridden to become Kanto or Hoenn depending on which you traded to.

Gen 7 is more likely because it is a Reference IN A MAIN SERIES GAME MEANING IT IS A NEW MAIN SERIES GAME. As far as the MAIN SERIES is concerned, New Region with new Gym leaders, new champion, and NEW POKEMON (which the Strange Souvenir is based after a new Legendary Pokemon according to the Backpacker), then it is a New Generation. That's how EVERY main series game has been. A New Region, with New Pokemon, new Gym Leaders, and New Elite 4 and Champion.

The Showing of the new Pokemon game that they had shown before. A lot of people were saying it looked like a Fighting game. It could have been Super Smash Bros. It could be something new, but it has NOTHING to do with the Backpacker and his hint. Gamefreak doesn't make Pokemon Spinoff games. They make Main series games. They don't want to make home console games because those aren't what the Pokemon main games should be put on according to their set standards. If its an Orre like region, The Strange Souvenir will have Nothing to do with it and its not the region that the backpacker was mentioning.

Letting us know in the next year still gives them a year to release, which would also put it to a three year gap. We got our first official Gen 6 Movie using both Yveltal and Xerneas, a year after release. It has Diancie, first of three hidden Pokemon. Give another year for Volcannion and/or Hoopla to appear in their movie, and then the last to appear sometime before the launch of the new gen games. There is plenty of time. We already were told we aren't getting add on content to the current games, and if Spin offs are supposed to tie us over, then oh well on that.

Its also been almost a year since this has surfaced. Really should have heard something about it by now. Slim chance its related to Smash since Blaziken hasn't been confirmed for play in it. Could be a new game you want, but that, as mentioned already, has nothing to do with the Strange Souvenir or the backpacker. Could be a rumored Pokemon Fighting game. Background fits with all three, and style matches SSB for the Wii U. Blaziken could have been concept only and trashed for Greninja or Charizard. Almost a year and nothing said about it. Most games that go under the radar for that long are games that were cancelled. Especially since it was showcased before the release of X and Y and after said release we've still heard nothing new.

There are a number of things it can be, but there is one thing it has a chance to not be, a Main Game. It still has nothing to do with the Backpacker or Strange Souvenir.

I think the thing is is that the Strange Souvenier does not point to or have anything to do with a (main series) WiiU Pokemon game because:
1) The main series games never reference the spin-off games
and
2) The main series games have never been on a console, and there is zero indication that Game Freak will ever put the main series games on anything other than handhelds.

Does that help? Am I even on the same page?

Right page. At least in my book.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
I believe the pokemon shown in the strange souvenir is wearing a mask and that's not it's real face. Make of that what you will.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
We all thought Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes were going to come back in Gen V, but we were wrong.

Please don't pretend to speak for everyone. If you knew me then this statement here is not true. I did not believe Grey was coming. I did not believe we were getting remakes. I still don't believe we're getting remakes. Could we get them? yes. Do I believe or think we're getting them? no. Why? Game wise I see no proof of them coming. I didn't see them coming in Gen 5 when hints were supposedly right there slapping you in the face.

Please, don't make these assumptions and then start raging at another user over them. We don't know. Speculate all you want, but don't start stating your opinions as fact. Especially over something as silly as this.

You did not read a single thing apparently, read the last post only and made assumptions about how this whole discussion went down. Look at the pot calling the kettle black.

What we do NOT know:
1. We do not know if Game Freak will actually include this region in a future game.
2. We do not know if there are new Pokemon in this region.
3. We do not know if this region will be a "main game region."
4. We do not know if this region will be on a handheld.
5. Even if this region does include new Pokemon, we do not know whether or not they will serve as "teasers" for a Pokemon that does not officially exist yet.

Actually they are fairly predictable. Even with minor differences, they have been fairly predictable with the major outcome if you know what to look for.

1) No we don't know, it could very well be nothing. My entire point was that the Strange Souvenir has NOTHING to do with Hoenn. Its not related to a Spin off either. So either way, both of those are incorrect. Its not an opinion, that is a fact. They do not acknowledge Spin offs. Anything they make would be a Main Series game. Could they make a Spin off? Sure, but the likelyhood of that happening is slim to none.

2) The Idol itself is said to be based on a Legendary Pokemon, a Pokemon that holds great significance to that region. Even if that is the ONLY pokemon added, it is a New Pokemon in a New Region. Gen 6 proved you do not need a large number of Pokemon per region. There could be more, but there is at least 1 new Pokemon that does not exist in current game's coding said to be in that region.

3) We do know it will be a Main Region if it exists. Gamefreak doesn't make Spin offs. This isn't an opinion. This is a fact. If you don't believe it, name one Spin Off that Gamefreak made to current date. I can tell you know that there are none. All other Pokemon games are made by Chun Soft, Genius Sonority, or Creatures Inc. Hal Studios was involved with a few as well. Gamefreak has never made a Spin Off and being the main focus of the Core Pokemon world, there isn't a likely chance they'll delve into spin offs. A reference in a main game is either something that won't happen for a while, Munna reference back in Generation 1, or something that may never happen. Gamefreak has no game data on Orre related titles or any of the Ranger game data. The origin data changes to that of the game that receives the Pokemon, so The Orre Pokemon are from Kanto or Hoenn while the Almia, Fiore, or Oblivia sent Pokemon are Johto or Sinnoh origin when sent to those games. This also isn't opinion. None of mine sent from them say anything but one of the four older regions depending on what game receives them. Even Event Pokemon do this based on what game they were received on.

4) The core of the games are handhelds. Unless Nintendo stops making handheld consoles, the chances of a main Pokemon game appearing on a home console are pathetically low. Not slim to none, just very low. Like around a 20% chance at the very least. The Wii U doesn't have a lot to play off of so if they wanted to do a Main game on a home console, it would be with the next generation home console unless the Wii U can pick up its sales. If Nintendo can get an Oculus, then the chances would probably go up seeing as Pokemon in that kinda game format would be amazing and would be more innovative to attempt. The standings for home consoles aren't held very highly by the mother company either. Its a safe assumption to say that Gamefreak will not work for home console since it goes against the principle of Pokemon's social aspect. In their home country where they pull way more hand on research from, the minor aspect of going out and meeting other people is much higher due to the Japanese way of life. It doesn't work as well in other countries due to severe difference in lifestyle, but local trading is the main social drive for the pokemon games and continues to this day to be a core mechanic that is focused on as a reason to make the games. Else we'd have had a central game without exclusives by now.

The reason why the games are made in pairs is to encourage children to interact with one another to collect all the Pokemon they can. That's also why Event Pokemon exist and why more and more keep being created. So that the company can hold events that pulls children together to collect these and interact with one another. This is a reason why the countries outside of Japan get less events.

5) Unless they are just references in a spin off game not made by gamefreak, cannot be caught and only seen, or are only there in image and not actually in the game. Its be a new generation. Even with just one new catch-able Pokemon, if the game has a story focused on a new region, with new gym leaders, new Pokemon, new trainers, etc, its a new generation. They would refer to it as a new generation themselves. These seem to be the only trademarked examples of what constitutes a new generation. In truth, if they make a new game with no new Pokemon at all and call it a new Generation, then well its still a new generation. Though so far every new Generation has had new Pokemon. 6 generations worth of games is more than enough to solidify that as a fact.

Kindly take your own advice.

So far if I stated it as a fact, then odds are it was. I only search for facts based on what has been found. Everything I used has been a fact for a long time. Facts can change over time. What is true today can be different tomorrow. As of right now, Gamefreak does not make Spin offs, this is a fact. Gamefreak does not support the idea of making a game for the home console, this is a fact. Gamefreak doesn't have coded data for Orre, Almia, Oblivia, Fiore, or Ransei, this is a fact. Pulling all of this together, the conclusion comes to The backpacker and the Strange Souvenir are not from a Spin Off, nor do they relate to Hoenn. They are from another region. If his region were to be used as a hint as to what is to come next, then that is generation 7. This much is a speculation, but all points against it being a spin off are still facts used to support the theory.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Again, you're assuming this is a new Pokemon. Essentially, you are saying that "because this region has an idol based on a Legendary Pokemon, the idol must be a new Pokemon." We don't know that. It could be a new Forme for an old Pokemon.

I am not assuming anything. It is a Pokemon that is not depicted in the current data. A Pokemon revered in a far away region that hasn't yet been announced.

This is not a fact. A fact contains indisputable proof. Lack of proof in either direction does not make your side a fact.

No facts are not indisputable proofs. They are things that have, as of yet not been proven to be false. Many "Facts" in history have changed with new findings. It was a Fact that the earth was flat until sailors made a complete trip around the world. It was a Fact that the Sun revolved around the Earth until a new theory discovered that it was the other way around. A fact is an accepted truth that cannot be refuted at that time due to lack of evidence to back up claims against.

fact
n.noun

•Knowledge or information based on real occurrences.

•Something demonstrated to exist or known to have existed.

•A real occurrence; an event.

•Something believed to be true or real.

•A thing that has been done, especially a crime.

•The aspect of a case at law comprising events determined by evidence.

Various forms of what a fact is. The very first two fit in with everything I have said. Based on real occurrences, and information(something) known to have existed as well as the fourth fits, believed to be true or real.

Before Generation 5, yes it was a fact that we have had 3 main games per region since Generation 2.

It is currently a fact that Gamefreak does not make Spin Offs.

It is currently a fact that Gamefreak doesn't have data based on Spin Off locations.

Facts can change when the source of the fact changes. If Gamefreak makes a Spin Off, then the fact that they don't make Spin Offs will no longer be a fact.

Just because it is unlikely that Game Freak will make a spin-off does not mean they won't make a spin-off. This is another logical fallacy. You are assuming that all games Game Freak will ever make are not going to be spin-offs. It is unlikely they will, but not impossible. Just because I am unlikely to be hit by lightning in my lifetime does not mean I won't be hit by lightning in my lifetime.

That is again not an assumption. You are the only one making assumptions of what you believe the other person to be saying. Please where do I say they absolutely never will make Spin Off games? They are the core designers. By standards they are held to uphold the main games. It is currently a fact that they don't make spin offs and therefore it is a fact that they will not reference a potential spin off in their game. Why? Because it is a fact that they don't acknowledge spin off information in their main games. The spin offs do not exist in the main series and that is a fact.

Because they have never done it IS a fact that leads to the belief that it will not be done. It is generally accepted that they won't so until they do make a Spin Off, it is an accepted fact that they don't deal in spin offs to their creation. They have three other companies, one of which is owned by TPC which owns all rights to Pokemon trademark and is the sister company to Gamefreak. That company is Creatures Inc which makes a good number of Pokemon Spin Offs. Until Gamefreak does make a Spin Off, it is a fact that they don't deal in Spin Offs. Then and only then will there be a contradiction with the current set of facts.

Well, that's what I'm saying. We can't really tell either way. That could be the case, or it might not be the case. That's the entire point I've been trying to tell you in both of my posts. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer for you.

At this point I don't think you know what you are talking about because no that isn't what you are saying. What you are trying to say and what you quoted me saying are two completely different things. My quote is saying that unless the references are in a Spin Off not made by Gamefreak the Strange Souvenir is not a reference to a Spin Off title. Its in a Main Series game so the Souvenir is a reference to a Main Series game. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. It could be another Munna scenario. Referenced now and may not appear for another 4 generations. I am saying if you want to say that the Backpacker and Strange Souvenir are hints to anything, then its to another generation later down the line. Either it could be the next one, the 7th Pokemon generation or it could be the 12th generation or the 15th generation or the 9th generation. Its the first time they actually purposefully put a hint in like this. It could mean absolutely nothing. It could be a scrapped idea because they do it all the time, Cacophony in Gen 3, God Stone in Gen 5, Berserk Gene in Gen 2. Before Gen 5, Lock Capsule was also one of the unused items that held no purpose.

I've asked questions, not made assumptions; I never strayed from my own advice.
All you've been doing is making assumptions about a conversation you weren't a part of and trying to assert a holier than thou attitude with your own improperly targeted attacks. Trying to correct someone else on what you think is incorrect is making an assumption. You assume the opposite of what I believe. It is called a difference of opinion. This happens even when given the same facts. We will both read it differently and pull different information from the same facts presented to us. Based on what could have been only half of the conversation or even just the post you initially responded to, you assumed I was throwing opinions around. You used an improper definition of a word to defend your own entitled response in an attempt to throw dirt on my reply. All you have been doing is making an assumption of facts that you choose to look through. Don't make your own assumptions and throw your own opinions around as facts. Your own advice, please follow it.

Facts around the backpacker and Strange Souvenir:

Not native to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos
Not a Pokemon in the current National dex. (Not a Pokemon that exists in any of the 6 current generations)

Facts related to outside of the game:
Gamefreak doesn't deal in Spin Off titles.
Gamefreak doesn't support the idea of Main titles on home console.

These are current facts that discredit two main theories of:
related to Spin Off Console title.
related to Hoenn remakes.

This is what I have been saying the entire argument. Its very long winded so I can understand getting lost and focusing on the wrong subject at hand. Bottom line to my entire point, the Strange Souvenir and the Backpacker aren't related to whether or not we are getting Hoenn Remakes or whether or not we're getting a Wii U console Pokemon game.

Based on other outside fact(s):
New Region, New Pokemon = New Generation

You can conclude that IF its anything of a hint, its to a new generation. That is only IF you consider it a hint at all. I don't play in that ballpark. Things like these are easter eggs. They don't mean more than what they usually show. Munna's description discovery was an hindsight discovery. She wasn't referenced then and brought in later. Gamefreak as eloquently put earlier, is full of trolls. They know their fans bleed over these types of things and could have thrown this in for their own giggles. As I said, despite the constant roar for Grey and Hoenn Remakes through Gen 5, I did not believe we'd get either. Despite what is being said now, I do not believe we are getting them now. Could we get them despite this? Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that I don't believe we will or that I don't see what others call hints as anything more than fun little easter eggs built into the games.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

All you have done is dissect portions of posts you disagreed with and tried to correct someone else. Also, linking to Wikipedia? Do you know how weak that is? Especially since anyone can change anything on Wikipedia? Look it up in a dictionary. A fact is not undisputed. Its an accepted truth based on a collection of accurate information.

Though since you want to use Wikipedia, I guess I'll quote the link you obviously failed to read.

A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to experience. Standard reference works are often used to check facts. Scientific facts are verified by repeatable experiments.

Ok so you say nothing I have posted is a fact. All of it is my opinion. So its all my opinion that Gamefreak has never made a Pokemon Spin Off game.

Pokemon Trading Card Game -Hudson Soft
Pokemon Pinbal- Jupiter
Pokemon Ranger- HAL Laboratory (thought it was Studio, its Laboratory)
Shadow of Almia, Guardian Signs - Creatures Inc.
Stadium/2 - Nintendo EAD/HAL Laboratory
Colosseum/XD: GoD - Genius Sonority
Battle Revolution - Genius Sonority
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon -Chunsoft
Gates to Infinity - Spike Chunsoft

Honestly, the list is too long and Gamefreak wasn't part of any of them. Guess this is all my opinion though. Even express statements made by directors Satoshi and Junichi during interviews that said they don't want nor intend to make home console versions is also just my opinion and not any form of a fact.

Fun little except from your Wikipedia link:
Alternatively, fact may also indicate an allegation or stipulation of something that may or may not be a "true fact",[7] (e.g., "the author's facts are not trustworthy"). This alternate usage, although contested by some, has a long history in standard English.

The entire basis of what I have been saying fits perfectly into this. What I have said are allegations or stipulations of something that may or may not be a "true fact". This is pointed towards:
Strange Souvenir doesn't relate to anything but a Main Game because Gamefreak doesn't make Spin Offs.

The allegation is that Gamefreak doesn't make Spin Offs. So the stipulation is as long as Gamefreak doesn't make spin offs, the point presented is a fact. It is not necessarily true as that CAN change as I HAVE said REPEATEDLY yet you seem to conveniently ignore.

More fun excerpts that you provide in support of my posts:

Fact may also indicate findings derived through a process of evaluation, including review of testimony, direct observation, or otherwise; as distinguishable from matters of inference or speculation.[9] This use is reflected in the terms "fact-find" and "fact-finder"

All "Facts" I have posted are direct observations and all of the conclusions are derived through process of evaluation.

Your link also says nothing about a fact being indisputable. It is a fact until something comes along to contradict it.

It's a public thread. If you didn't want other people commenting, switch to using PMs.

I am not "attacking," I am debating.

You make baseless claims in defense of someone who needed no defending, twist words to try and discredit and throw dirt on the other person involved. You can't even use your own defense properly as all you've done is thrown more fuel into the fire used against your own case. As I stated, you used a Wikipedia article, something easily edited by anyone and something that holds no credible value, even if it supports my entire argument.

Correction != Assumption.

Incorrect correction.

I read the whole thread. I was not "throwing dirt," I was attempting to get a point across. Obviously you are unable to understand what both I and howmander are trying to say.

You haven't read anything of what I have posted and it is easily apparent that you are just responding with anything you think you can throw at me. I seriously can't even tell if you are doing this to troll or not. It really seems the only reason you are even bothering to respond is just to troll. Even the hissy fit ending you are trying to play off, "We're right and you just can't accept that we are so I'll leave you alone since you can't see that we're right and you're wrong."

Ah, so kind of like what you're doing? I haven't stated a single opinion of mine in this entire thread.

Your entire posts have been nothing but your own opinion. Gamefreak making a Spin Off despite never making one before, is an opinion you have. Even if you don't believe it personally, you post it only to try to counter what I post even when you have posted the wrong thing. Your belief that I'm only posting assumptions is also an opinion simply because you don't believe what I posted as fact. You have an incorrect definition and understanding of the word fact so since our definitions are different, you are the only one correct and I'm using opinions pushed forward as facts despite proof of them being facts being laid out plain as day.

Always do.

I tire of this conversation. You're ignoring all my main points, latching onto keywords in my paragraphs, and throwing them back at me. Listen, I don't need my own words thrown back at me. I read them twice after writing them and I don't need to do so again. I'm leaving this conversation until you are ready to address the actual points in my posts.

I doubt that will actually happen, so this is probably good bye. See ya.

Mary Sue it up all you want, but you have presented no points. There was no latching of key words. I threw your words back at you because you cannot even follow the advice you so desperately try to preach to others. You've done nothing but ignore facts since jumping in of your own accord simply to attack another person who feels differently than you do because your opinion differs.

Show facts that the Strange Souvenir could relate to a spin off. Gamefreak has never use reference material to show a possible spin off in the past. While the reverse however is true. The Spin Offs HAVE shown references to Main Games since they branch from those games. Gale of Darkness, purposefully included Munchlax and Bonsly as marketing for Generation 4. That's all that was. It was a pre-planned marketing strategy by TPC to try and boost failing sales in the Pokemon main franchise. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon did the same thing using Riolu and Weavile. The two were obtainable statues. They were only to build hype for the next Generation of Pokemon Main Games in hopes to boost the sales by increasing marketing. It is something that the Anime usually does before rolling into the next generation.

We won't see what the next main game is until 1) Gamefreak says what it is and 2) The Anime makes some kind of reference to it. The latter usually comes after the former. Ash only just earned his second badge, so we really have quite a while to wait as these references tend to follow after the 5th badge or so (earliest I can think) or after the league (latest I can think). By the fifth badge, we're usually around the half way mark for the current generation's anime, that's usually the best starting point for new game marketing.

Even though its true from outside sources to market the main games, the main games have never marketed the outside sources that were to be coming out. There has never been a case where the main games marketed a future event for the anime or for a spin off game.

Saying that the Strange Souvenir has no relationship to anything but a new generation is not an assumption. Its derived from facts. It is in its own rights a true statement based on all the conjoining facts that support it. It may be an opinion, but it is not false information. Yes there is a lack of information to go against it. But there is not a lack of information that supports it, even if you don't believe it.

Strange Souvenir not being related also doesn't mean that we aren't getting either. I've repeated that many times now. It just does not state that its existence is related to either the possible existence of Hoenn Remakes or a Wii U spin off/Wii U Main game. I also stated that even if Gamefreak made a Wii U Game, and it was exactly like the current Pokemon handheld games (possibly minus the alternate game cover) it would be a Main game by design. It would have to be completely unrelated to being a main story, like the twist the Orre games had, giving you a completely different end goal.

As for your points, as I said, you had no points. You were only posting to argue, throw dirt on another, and to defend someone who needed no defense. Howmander can defend himself, and much better than how you tried to conduct your attempt. He's fun to debate with and doesn't result to trying to discredit his opponent. He had made his points on what he saw as fact. The arguments between the two of us, even while public are between us. He chooses to believe in what another posts or to keep believing in what he originally believed. He doesn't need assistance in that.

I am someone that needs facts. I was against the Kyurem has multiple forms when it had no facts to back it up. Once facts were presented I accepted those facts. I didn't believe Grey would exists due to lack of facts to support it. Other did due to facts they believed in. Just because you don't believe a fact is a fact doesn't mean it isn't. There are many facts that I listed in this argument I do not personally believe in and hope that the outcome is different, but I am a factual person. Even with all the facts stacked against I believe a different outcome.

A fact is a fact until proven otherwise, just like with the fact that we'd get a Third title for ever main game since Gen 2. (There are four titles in Gen 1. Not world wide, but back at the source there are 4 main Gen 1 games) Some believed that the remake with each new generation was a fact. This was broken with gen 5 as well. Facts can be broken, if and only if new information comes around to dispute it. History has proved this to be a fact in itself.

Again in relationship to Strange Souvenir:
1) It doesn't have anything to do with Hoenn Remakes.
2) With current facts present, it has nothing to do with a Spin Off title.
3) With conclusion to facts present, it is a reference to a new generation.
4) It IS a reference to a new region.

There is also something I did not mention, that is also a fact:
There is supposed to be multiple regions in this Generation.

What is my proof? Guide Book states that there are berries that are not available in the games. These berries are all berries without usable effects other than to be sold. The book says that the only way to get these berries is to trade them from another region.

1) You cannot transfer Berries through the Poke Bank.
2) There is no way to communicate between XY and previous games to transfer Items.

Now its already been stated to be a fact that we'll have no DLC for XY. So the only way for other regions to appear are
1) Remakes
2) Spin Offs that can send to like the Ranger series.
3) Pokemon Attractions of Pokemon Global Link
4) Region Apps for the 3DS. Something akin to the Dream Radar and Pokebank.

In terms of likelihood to happen...
2 - 1 - 3 - 4

Interacting spin offs most likely (Opinion)
Remakes next most likely (Opinion) (Also a can of worms)
Attractions next most likely (Highest probability of happening, but opinion wise, second to last of happening)
Region like apps. (Opinion) (Could forgo the remakes and risk the scorn of their fans. Be something like Dream Radar as a Minigame but connects like the Pokebank. Something possible to do....just unlikely to happen)

Back