• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Fairy Tail Zero/Fairy Tail

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Hi all again,

A few days ago I posted an idea about a type specific pokémon idea. An idea that was pretty small from a design perspective. I decide to post more of these kind of ideas in order to spice up the rom diversity we have right now that currently is pretty lackluster. The idea I will present you today are actually two total different ideas that yet have is thing in common and that's Fairy Tail.

What's Fairy Tail?
Fairy Tail is a Japanese manga series that is written and illustrated by Hiro Mashima. Later it became one of the most popular anime's all time that managed to create a world of magic and ballance this arround with fanservice and wonderfull action scenes. If you don't known what i'm talking about than this might help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaIWwk-sAlw

Pokémon Fairy Tail
This is the most simple of the two ideas. Just like was done with Pokémon Dragon Ball Z. The pokémon you catch will be your favorite characters:

• Natsu Dragneel: As your starter
  • Erza Scarlet: As the beautifull red hair Eevee
  • Gray Fullbuster: As your favorite ice pokémon
  • Lucy Heartfilia: As your favorite celestial pokémon
  • Etc...

Just like Dragon Ball Z, evolutions will be hard to ballance. However Fairy Tail has much more characters to work with and also has a lot more evolutions available (especially if you read the manga). This gives the rom hack a lot of potentional for someone that is willing to invest their time into it.

Types

Normal
Celestial
Demon
God
Flame
Nature
Wind
Ice
Iron
White
Shadow
Lightning
Normal
Water
Poison
Earth
Fairy

Pokémon

Kid Natsu - Normal/Dragon -> evolves level 10
Natsu - Normal/Dragon - > evolves level 26 >
Etherious Natsu (E.N.D) - Demon/Dragon > evolves level 56 >
Etherious Dragon Natsu (movie) - Demon/Dragon
Kid Lucy - Normal/Celestial - evolves level 10
Lucy - Normal/Celestial (evolves with celestial keys)
Lucy Aquarius Dress - Water/Celestial (SP. ATK+)
Lucy Leo Dress - Flame/Celestial(SP. ATK+)
Lucy Virgo Dress - Earth/Celestial (ATK+)
Lucy Taurus Dress - Normal/Celestial (ATK+)
Lucy Sagittarius Dress - Normal/Celestial (SP. ATK+)
Lucy Aries Dress - Fairy/Celestial (ATK+)
Lucy Gemini Dress - Fairy/Celestial (SP. ATK+)
Lucy Scorpio Dress - Earth/Celestial (SP. ATK+)
Lucy Cancer Dress - Water/Celestial (ATK+)
Kid Gray - Ice - evolves level 10
Gray - Ice > evolves level 48 >
Demon Slayer Gray - Ice/Demon
Juvia - Water - evolve level 18
Juvia 2.0 (it's a joke in fairy tail) - Water - evolve level 28
Juvia 3.0 - Water
Kid Erza - Normal - evolves level 10
Erza (evolutions probally need some kind off filter because she has about 27 forms) - Normal/Iron
Happy - Fairy
Carla - Fairy
Lily - Fairy - Evolves on level 20
Panther Lily - Fairy/Iron
Gajeel - Iron/Dragon -> evolves level 16 >
Metal Gajeel - Iron/Dragon -> evolves level 36 >
Shadow Gajeel - Shadow/Dragon
Wendy - Wind/Dragon - Evolves level 40
Wendy Dragon Force - Wind/Dragon
Junior Mirajane - Normal/Demon - evolves level 8
Mirajane - Normal/Demon - evolves level 16
Mirajane Satan - Demon - evolves level 26
Mirajane Halphas - Demon - evolves level 36
Mirajane Sitri - Demon - evolves level 46
Mirajane Seilah - Demon - evolves level 56
Mirajane Alegria - Demon - evolves level 66
Loke - Celestial/Flame - evolve level 16
Spirit Loke - Celestial/Flame - evolve eclipse stone
Eclipse Loke - Celestial/Flame
Kid Aquarius - Celestial/Water - evolve eclipse stone
Aquarius - Celestial/Water
Virgo - Celestial/Earth - evolve eclipse stone
Eclipse Virgo - Celestial/Earth
Taurus - Celestial/Normal - evolve eclipse stone
Eclipse Taurus - Celestial/Normal
Sagittarius - Celestial/Normal - evolve eclipse stone
Eclipse Sagittarius - Celestial/Normal
Aries - Celestial/Fairy - evolve eclipse stone
Eclipse Aries - Celestial/Fairy
Reversed Gemini - Celestial/Fairy - evolve eclipse stone
Gemini - Celestial/Fairy
Kid Scorpio - Celestial/Earth - evolve eclipse stone
Scorpio - Celestial/Earth
Cancer - Celestial/Water - evolve eclipse stone
Eclipse Cancer - Celestial/Water

Moves
Dragon Force: Raise the user attack & special attack drasticly
Lightning Force: Raise the user lightning attack damage
Blaze Force: Raise the user fire attack damage

Pokémon Fairy Tail Zero
This one is a bit more complex and a lot more story based. The main concept is that it becomes a pokémon hack that focussed on the Fairy Type with Mavis Vermillion as your starting character. This one is a lot more story based where you start your journey on Sirius Island. You can decide between two starters Igglybuff or Cleffa that now evolve with levels. The overal story line is based on the fairy tail zero chapter (yet altered) with Zera as your friend and Zeref as your lover & rival. All characters in the game will be based on fairy tail characters and offcourse you will encounter mainly fairy pokémon (it's Mavis Fairy Journey). A combination of a happy yet dark adventure with some classic fanservice jokes here & their. Definitely a rom hack that will be a challenge to create. I'm not sure this idea can be done by a single person. This will be a real challenge and i'm actually not sure their is anyone that can manage to create a masterpiece like this while maintaining all these elements allive. This isn't a project that can be done in just a few months. The game should still work with Gym leaders something like Lucy as the water gym leader & Gray as th ice Gym leader. Just to keep the fanservice allive. Juvia I would add as some kind of Elite Four. Unlike the standard pokémon games these characters will have to return in order to keep the fanservice jokes allive so even in the code department this won't be an easy task.

Region

Sirius Island

Another thing I want to mention is that both hacks should be firered or emerald hacks since these are the only ones that are supported on all devices right now.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 4, 2018
I had an idea similar like this.
A good idea would be to call the region Fiore or Magnolia

Hope it goes well though.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2020
Well this are just ideas that anyone can use. I have not decided yet on what projects I will focus myself on. I was thinking to might test some rom hacking stuff to fresh-up my programming skills. Yet their are plenty other projects that doesn't involve rom hacking where I'm thinking about where I have a lot more experience with and i'm not sure yet learning rom hacking is worth my time. I have to look into how much this would actually improve my programming insight on a casual level.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 7, 2019
I want to do the rom hack, but I need help for the sprites.

Back