• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"incompatible marshal file format" error after computer crashed

Years
  • My computer died while I had RPG Maker XP open, as well as the game open in test mode.
    Now whenever I try to playtest, these error messages pop up and I just get a blank screen in the playtest window. How do I go about fixing this?
    errors.png

Ok, so I screwed around a bit trying to find out what was wrong, and turns out some things were just straight up gone from the data folder for some reason.
    The game works now... but none of the pokemon's names, abilities or move names are appearing.
    What could be causing THIS?

Scratch that, when I start from playtest I still get the error messages and a black screen.
    HELP PLEASE.

OK, SO I found out that the errors are caused by some of the maps getting screwed, I've fixed two of the maps by restoring previous versions, but I have absolutely no clue what the heck is wrong with this one. I've already restored the previous version but to no avail. Does somebody please have any idea what to do?
    errors.png

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Maybe your game is crashed because the script, did you add some script ? Or maybe the PBS file is broken. I have met that problem once and I solve by restore PBS and script to default.

Years
  • Maybe your game is crashed because the script, did you add some script ? Or maybe the PBS file is broken. I have met that problem once and I solve by restore PBS and script to default.
    It wasn't the game that crashed, my computer's battery died.

I added Megas and Move Effects.
    I've added almost 200 pokemon and over 300 moves.
    My game is all the way to the 6th gym.

Restoring the game to default is not an option.

erorropen.png
    I get a different error message when trying to open the .exe

OOOOOKKKKKAAAYYYYY YYYYEEESSSSSSWSSSSUIFAESOJDIBHJOSFHJOIBHJGONKL!
    I fixed the error!
    The problem was in Map 22.
    The error messages kept bringing up things about Map 21 so I thought that was the problem.
    I'm not too sure why exactly that was affecting the moves, names and abilities, but...
    WOOOOOOOO!!!!! I FIXED ITTTTT. No more help needed. (Well, hopefully)

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • no,I mean restore the script only, because map can't make crash the game ( if terrain tag is not right)
    If you get that problem, you should enter scene-intro

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2019
    Hi! ^^ How did you solve this error? I restored the maps, the Game file (the editor one, not the .exe), the scripts into Data folder... But nothing.

Back