• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my team! I battle in OU

adamskillz

Trainer to the STARS!
Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    Tear me apart, dont be nice haha.

And i made this on my own with some pokemon not in OU as a challenge.

Lead: Metagross @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    Atk: 252 Spe: 252 SpD: 4
    Ability: Clear Body

Bullet Punch
    Pursuit
    Explosion
    Zen Headbutt

BP and ZH to deal some damage, Pursuit for ghosts, psys, or if i can predict a switch. Explode when im done

Wall/Sweep: Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Atk: 252 Def: 252 HP: 4
    Ability: Thick Fat

Belly Drum
    Crunch
    Rest
    Stockpile

Stockpile 3 and leftovers make it a complete boss taking virtually no damage. Rest to belly drum, possibly to another rest if i need it. With +6 atk and +3 def/Sp def, its hard to stop this thing.

Revenge Killer/ Phys Sweeper: Primeape @ Life Orb
    Jolly
    Atk: 252 Spe: 252 Def: 4
    Ability: Anger Point

U-turn
    Close Combat
    Endeavor
    EQ

U-Turn with his good speed is great for revenge kills. STAB Close Combat with life orb deals alot of damage. EQ for Fires, Rocks, etc. Endeavor for when he has low HP.

Wall: Venusaur @ Leftovers
    Bold
    Def: 212 SpD: 212 SpA: 84
    Ability: Overgrow :/

Light Screen
    Leech Seed
    Substitute
    Energy Ball

Just to wall some pokes and set up light screen and seeds. Not too happy with it, but cant think of something to replace it.

Special Sweeper: Gengar @ Life Orb
    Timid
    SpA: 252 Spe: 252 Def: 4
    Ability: Levitate

HP Fire
    Shadow Ball
    T-Bolt
    Focus Blast

Great sweeper with a diverse movepool, he has worked wonders for me. Not a fan of Focus Blast due to accuracy, any good move that can replace it?

Random Addition: Electrode @ Focus Sash
    Jolly
    Atk: 252 Spe: 252 Def: 4

Explosion
    Protect
    Sucker Punch
    T-Wave

A fast pokemon to come in and T-wave a sweeper which saves me alot of times. Also if there is a strong sweeper set up ( Ex: Dragon Danced Gyarados ) He can come in and blow up to take it down.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Zen Headbutt is a bad, replace it with Meteor Mash for MOAR DAMAGE!

Also, half of your team is UU, which is really kind of not that good in OU. They're usable, but in these circumstances, there's an OU Pokemon that's better at doing what you want to do with the UU's you have.

Primeape isn't that fast, if you want a good revenge killer and U-turn user, go Scarf Flygon:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
    252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 Sp. Def
    Jolly
    - U-turn
    - Fire Blast
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Breloom's a better Seeder than Venusaur is and well, screens aren't really that useful without a purpose, 'cos they run out. =|

will edit later with better rate gtg atm.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, this team needs A LOT of changes. So bear with me on this.

One of the things I really want to address is that you don't need to use the 252/252/4 EV spread for everything. It's a good spread for most Pokemon, but things like walls and bulky sweepers need more customized EV spreads to help them fulfill their roles.

METAGROSS

I'm assuming Metagross is your lead Pokemon. If that's the case then you are correct in that Metagross is a good lead. But your moveset is all wrong. Metagross is a good lead because it is great a setting up Stealth Rock! Stealth Rock is one of the most important moves in the game and you should use it as soon as possible. A team with Stealth Rock will have a major advantage against a team without Stealth Rock.

So hopefully you see how important Stealth Rock is. Now lets look at your other moves. So far it has Steel, Normal, Psychic, and Dark moves. Okay, but there is one type out there that resists all these moves.

Can you figure out what that type is?

Spoiler:

It will do you no good for your Metagross to be walled by another Steel type. Fortunately, Metagross learns a powerful move that's super effective against Steel - Earthquake.

Finally, Metagross needs its most powerful move. No Zen Headbutt is not its most powerful move. It's Meteor Mash. It's a must on virtually all Metagross sets.

Next, lets talk about items. Focus Sash is best used on Pokemon with low defenses, because those Pokemon faint more easily? Metagross is not a frail Pokemon. It has very strong defenses so Focus Sash is wasted on this Pokemon. Even a powerful Earthquake will not OHKO Metagross. A better item to use on it is Occa Berry or Lum Berry. Both of these berries will help Metagross set up Stealth Rock on the first turn.

So your new moveset should be:

Metagross @Lum Berry/Occa Berry
    Adamant Nature
    248 HP / 236 Atk / 24 Spd

-Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Meteor Mash
    -Bullet Punch

SNORLAX:

Snorlax is a great wall and can sweep too. But your Belly Drum set makes Snorlax useless and won't work. Snorlax has one and only one major weakness - FIGHTING.

So what your opponent is going to do is switch in a Fighting type against Snorlax. You'll only have time to use Stockpile once, and plenty of Fighting types can defeat you even with a Defense boost. Even if they don't beat you in one hit, Fighting resists Dark so you won't do much damage against them.

Snorlax doesn't need Stockpile or Belly Drum. It learns a both that increases both its Attack AND Defense at the same time. That move is............CURSE!

Curse is what makes Snorlax famous. It already has high Special Defense, so by increasing its Attack and its not-so-high Defense, you'll be creating a monster wall and sweeper that's way more effective than your Belly Drum set.

This means you'll have room to fit in another attack. All Snorlax need a Normal-type move since that's its only STAB move.

Snorlax @Leftovers
    Careful Nature
    Thick Fat Ability
    168 HP / 120 Def / 220 SpD

-Body Slam/Return
    -Crunch
    -Curse
    -Rest

PRIMEAPE:

Primeape can be a nice sweeper, but only in UU/NU. In OU, it doesn't have enough power to break through all the heavy walls. Also, it's not nearly fast enough to be a revenge killer.

Besides, your Primeape is walled by Gengar. What good is a sweeper when you can't handle the most popular Ghost?

Use Scarf Flygon as was suggested.

VENUSAUR:

Want a Grass type that's also a wall and works in OU? Use Celebi!
    Celebi has better defenses, can Recover health, and also learns Leech Seed.

Celebi @Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

-Leech Seed
    -Grass Knot
    -Recover
    -Thunder Wave/Heal Bell

Gengar is fine. Focus Blast is a Must have. There is no other way to kill Tyranitar in one hit.

ELECTRODE:

Okay, lets get one thing straight: Electrode sucks! It's ONLY use is a lead Pokemon that sets up Rain Dance and explodes. That's all it does. It can't do anything else. Don't try stuff like Thunder Wave or any of that crap. There are other Pokemon that can do it better (like your Celebi).

I know what you need: Heatran!

Why? Well Heatran resists a lot of things that you are weak to: Fire, Dark, Ghost, Ice, etc. Heatran is also a powerful Special sweeper and now that Salamence is uber, it's even better than ever!

Heatran @Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd

-Fire Blast
    -Earth Power
    -Substitute
    -Toxic/Will-o-wisp

Substitute Heatran is one of my favorite Heatran sets since it can handle just about any opponent besides Blissey.

In Short:

*Change Metagross set
    *Change Snorlax set
    *Replace Primeape with Flygon
    *Replace Venusaur with Celebi
    *Replace Electrode with Heatran

Hopefully all this advice helps you!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited:
    Back