• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] [Font] Changing the Pokédollar symbol

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    In my hack it doesn't really make sense for the main character to be using pokedollars (or yen or whatever it is). How would I go about changing it to something else? I assume there's no palette since it's in 1 bit color but are there offsets to the font sheet? What are the dimensions of a new symbol?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Found the font data in TileMolester as per diegoisawesome's tutorial but there is no pokedollar symbol on any width or height setting.

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • In my hack it doesn't really make sense for the main character to be using pokedollars (or yen or whatever it is). How would I go about changing it to something else? I assume there's no palette since it's in 1 bit color but are there offsets to the font sheet? What are the dimensions of a new symbol?

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Found the font data in TileMolester as per diegoisawesome's tutorial but there is no pokedollar symbol on any width or height setting.

In case anybody is wondering, I believe this is the tutorial that hjk321 is talking about.

As I believe you've found, each symbol in takes up 0x40 bytes worth of space and since the PokeDollar symbol is character 0xB7 you just have to do this mathematical equation: 0x40 * 0xB7 + 0x(Table Start). With this knowledge, you can find the four instances of the Pokedollar symbol at 0x1F5EC0, 0x2020C0, 0x2123D8 and 0x2226F0 in FR.

The width is basically the same, except the data is contained in a single byte rather than 0x40. You can find the PokeDollar widths at 0x1FB1B7, 0x2073B7, 0x2176CF and 0x2279E7 with the default byte value being 0x8. There aren't any height values as each symbol is always 16 pixels tall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    There aren't any height values as each symbol is always 16 pixels tall.

Thanks, was able to find it! But... is there any reason each symbol takes up 2 glyphs? All the letters are split in half, where the bottom half is horizontally next to the top half.

Not that it matters much for editing of course, but it just seems odd.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Thanks, was able to find it! But... is there any reason each symbol takes up 2 glyphs? All the letters are split in half, where the bottom half is horizontally next to the top half.

Not that it matters much for editing of course, but it just seems odd.

That's the default view. If you mess around with the width buttons at the top of Tile Molester they will appear far more normal:

xKjD7Jv.png

Back