• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need to complete my team!

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
I'm new to this website so hello all!
I'm currently playing Leaf Green again and I have a Charmeleon and a Pikachu, what should I choose for my other 4 pokemon? They don't all have to be the obvious best; they can be fun pokemon not often chosen. Any help is appreciated!

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
well as you've got an electric and fire type maybe you should aim for variaty?
Sandshrew are quite common in leaf green, they're easy to raise and become quite strong. A strong water type is a must Lapras, Gyarados or poliwrath are all good choices. I also think it's a good idea to pick up hitmonlee or hitmonchan from the dojo. If you can trade an alakazam or gengar are good for defeating those that rely on attack too much, Gengar is also handy for putting your foes to sleep. If one of these doesn't strike your fancy for whatever reason a Victreebel can be an effective battler learning plenty of status effecting attacks and some fair grass and poison type attacks.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
If you can trade an alakazam or gengar are good for defeating those that rely on attack too much, Gengar is also handy for putting your foes to sleep. If one of these doesn't strike your fancy for whatever reason a Victreebel can be an effective battler learning plenty of status effecting attacks and some fair grass and poison type attacks.

I'm playing on an emulator so do you know how I could trade from an emulator?

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I'm playing on an emulator so do you know how I could trade from an emulator?
As the games were made to be used from a game boy I don't think you can unfortunatly. At least Victreebel evolves from a stone, out of the ones I listed Gengar and Alakazam are the only ones who trade to evolve.

Years
  • Seen Jan 31, 2012
As the games were made to be used from a game boy I don't think you can unfortunatly. At least Victreebel evolves from a stone, out of the ones I listed Gengar and Alakazam are the only ones who trade to evolve.

Yeah I know that they are but it's unfortunate since I love playing with Gengar. :c

wildkayaker

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
A Grayados is a nice pokemon to have. It can learn many different types of moves. Dragonite would also be nice to have but they can be a little hard to obtain.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gyarados in gen III? Personally, there are better Water types. Like Lapras. It can have a very diverse set. Starmie is also something to consider as well, if you're not into tanks like Lapras. Gengar and/or Alakazam are great Pokemon, though considering there's not a special/physical split in gen III yet, I say Alakazam is the superior choice here. However, I'm not sure on how to trade with ROMs. You should ask that in the Emulation forum. If you still can't manage a trade though, Jynx or Mr. Mime are given through an in-game trade in the game and are decent Psychic types. But then again, Starmie is too, and it covers your need of a Water type.

There's a lot of options here, but I'm a bit tired, so I'll go ahead and move this to the in-game team help forum for you. That's where these type of deals belong.

Back