• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Multiple Protagonists?

ZeroNyxMaxwell

Originality
Years
Sooo I managed to create a team of 4 people for making my game, but I have no idea what do do with this
I studied Ruby from codecademy, all of it, AND I've also read the tutorial on the essentials wiki, but I find it incomplete, so I'll ask here (hopefully someone will reply this time)

How can I make a second controllable trainer in the script section? Where do I have to code? Is it enough to just copy and past the main protagonist's code while changing variables' names? I might be done with ruby but I'm seriously having a hard time trying to customize pokemon essentials

ZeroNyxMaxwell

Originality
Years
I cannot believe I have to write it all again due to that 5 post needed for posting links ._.

With that said, yeah that's the exact same tutorial I read, and I concluded that it, alongside the partner trainer thingy and the defining of another trainer type and trainer, should be just what I need, keeping those limitations that are listed at the end of the article. I just didn't seem to make it work, but if you're saying it's the best one out there then I literally have no alternatives, I'll try again, then if I can't do it I'll try asking here again.

Inb4: I know pokemon essentials is NOT built with the multi protags feature in mind, but it can come out just the way I want it, with those limitations being things I wanted to put anyway

Back