• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Bait Box

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    So wanting to add a new feature/items being baits and the bait box. first the bait box is like the TM Bag in FRLG so adding that wont be as hard.

So the baits would act as encounter modifiers when used with a rod

So ones i can think of would be higher shiny chance, higher catch rate, ivs/evs (different baits for each one or one master one for max IV's) for now.

i can probably figure out catch rate and shiny chance (as modifiers for those exist already) but not the others.

The way the bait would work, if you have bait/the box when using a rod, it'll ask if you want bait on it, if you put it on the bait will be used up and an encounter will trigger (like regular fishing) with the modifier but then it wont work after that (so works once)

It would either work like that or allow you to use the bait first, fish and get the encounter then it stops working.

if i get the solution here or elsewhere ill link to the script itself in the script section! any thanks if you can assist even the slightest!

(note for 16.2 not 17.2!)

Last edited:
    Back