• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Make a Pokémon Vital to story?

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the whole Essentials stuff and RPG Maker in General.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a Pokémon vital? I.E. Cannot be deposited, has to be with you always after you acquire it.

For example in my game the protagonist has a Snorunt who they are friends with and is the first Pokémon you acquire (literally cannot leave your bedroom without picking the Snorunt up).

Like I say I have no experience in scripting so if anyone can help that would be great. (I am using RPG Maker XP if that helps :P )

Thanks, LeighPouse

Sorry for wasting people's time, a quick look through the Scripts section and I found the solution, (I can't post links at the moment but it is called "Prevent depositing of a certain Pokémon species") which more than covers what I needed

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd like to add a qualifier to the Prevent Depositing of a certain species.

Unless you have it so your story involves no other Snorunt, adding that code will prevent any and all Snorunt from being able to go to the PC, not just your friend. Likewise, once your Snorunt friend has evolved - into either a Glalie or a Froslass - he/she would suddenly be able to be deposited (unless you have a method of preventing him/her from evolving)

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2017
    I'd like to add a qualifier to the Prevent Depositing of a certain species.

Unless you have it so your story involves no other Snorunt, adding that code will prevent any and all Snorunt from being able to go to the PC, not just your friend. Likewise, once your Snorunt friend has evolved - into either a Glalie or a Froslass - he/she would suddenly be able to be deposited (unless you have a method of preventing him/her from evolving)

I plan on having no other available Snorunt's in the game so this shouldn't be an issue. Currently the code looks like this (in the appropriate places)

Spoiler:

Back