• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Eventing Question] Not blackout battle (more advanced)

Pikalex04

The Project Hyper creator (Discord: Pikalex04#3285
Years
  • Hi guys! I don't know how can I make an advanced not blackout event. Here is what I'm doing:

After a battle, if you won you'll have a continue of the event that is different when you lose.
    Dunno if I was clear, let me know.
    And sorry for bad english, I'm an Italian Pizza Boi.

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    To quote the wiki:
    pbTrainerBattle itself has six arguments:

1. The trainer type. Note the colon in front of it.
    2. The trainer's name.
    3. A message that is shown at the end of the battle (before the battle screen is closed).
    4. Optional. TRUE if it is a double battle, FALSE if it isn't. If this is TRUE, then you must also check before the battle whether the player has at least 2 able Pokémon, and forbid the battle if they don't. Default is FALSE.
    5. Optional. A number used to distinguish between different versions of the same trainer (see above). Is 0 if there is only one version. Default is 0.
    6. Optional. TRUE if the player can continue after losing the battle (with their party fully healed). You should also modify the Conditional Branch to include the "Set handling when conditions do not apply" option (i.e. an "else" part of that Branch), and insert something in there that says the player has lost the battle (you must also set a Self Switch to ON here, like if the battle was won, to prevent the trainer instantly re-challenging the player). Default is FALSE (i.e. the player blacks out and returns to the last Poké Center upon losing as normal).
    7. Optional. The number of the Game Variable in which to store the outcome of the battle. By default, no outcome is stored.

Last edited:

Pikalex04

The Project Hyper creator (Discord: Pikalex04#3285
    Years
  • Yeah, I know, but how is the structure of the Conditional Branch?

Poq

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    It's all explained in #6 on what I just posted, but I'll try to walk you through it.
    Any of the example trainer events in Essentials already have trainer battles in conditional branches you can copy one if those, then edit the command so that own number 6 in the script condition is TRUE and check the box to "set handling when conditions do not apply". The event commands you put right after the branch will happen if you win, and the commands that come after the "Else" will happen if you lose. That's all there is to it.

Back