• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is this Thundurus competitive/worth keeping?

Years
  • I've been soft-resetting all day for a Timid Thundurus with HP: Ice and....and finally caught one except it has a maxed attack IV, so I'm not sure if I should reset again to get one with a lower attack IV to avoid damage from foulplay/confuse. I am new to competitive play and I don't know how much of a concern that actually is. Is that really a concern with Thundurus? If not, then I'll be happy I got the nature and hidden power I wanted. I don't care about the other IVs at all because I'll just bottlecap them.

Last edited:
    Years
  • That can definitely work especially if it has defiant. you can set up hazards and when the opponent defogs you get boosts. thundurus from what i understand has the move pool to make a physical set work.

Years
  • I saved and kept it. I'm definitely going for a special set. The spA is also maxed, and I'll bottlecap the rest. I decided that even though it is in my master ball it's just too painful to SR for the same exact one with lower attack. It's just not worth it. Cheers.

Back