• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon-Z Z-Conversion in Doubles

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2019
    Hi all,

What are the general thoughts on P-Z from a competitive double battles standpoint? I'm no competitive battler but I was amazed at the sort of power this tiny robot duck can dish out. I've heard only minimal talk about this setup so far although I know it was considered for OU at one point.

Here's my first battle in "AG" with P-Z followed by Tapu Koko and Weavile support:
    C7ZG-WWWW-WWXX-VXQ2

Some highlights:
    Xurkitree is OHKO by P-Z thunderbolt
    Dialga and Blissey take at least 50% damage from P-Z thunderbolt
    M-Ray takes at least 85% from P-Z ice beam
    P-Z survives a Z move from dialga + blizzard from blissey
    P-Z outspeeds everyone

Tapu Koko can also be OHKO by P-Z thunderbolt when he comes in. Is it just me or is this thing remarkably good? So far it has won me 24/25 AG battles on Free Spot (which isn't saying that much honestly, but still). I suspect anyone who can predict Porygon-Z would have no issue focusing it down. I carried fake out to prevent the opponent wrecking P-Z on turn 1, without that support I think it would be toast in many match-ups.

Last edited:
    Back