• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who to use the Master Ball on?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2004
    Who do you think is the best Pokemon to catch with the Master Ball in each game. I suppose Mewtwo, in the first games, but what about the rest??

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
    Years
  • I use masterball on my favourite pokemon! Because it will some how make it different and special than others? :paranoid:

Rave :dead:

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Erm...you don't have to use the Masterball on Mewtwo. I caught it with a Pokeball. I still remember it. I had already used my MB on Zapdos. All I had on me were Ultra Balls and Mewtwo had one tiny chunk of HP left. 99 Ultra Balls later, it was still there. Then I chucked a PB at it...irony. Then I read it's Dex file and it said it can't stand being in a PB. Gah!

RBY: Zapdos (I hated that thing)
    GSC: The final dog I need to catch (with the exception of Suicune in C)
    RS(E?): Lati@s

Years
  • i just keep it, put it on a pokemon, and send it to an important game where im trying to catch them all
    so i restart my games alot, i just catch all the lengendaries with great balls, not very hard

zsun_44

Just a member
    Years
  • i never use my masterball. i dunno why
    my opinion:
    RBY: Mewtwo
    Gold/Silver: Gold: Lugia, Silver: Ho-oh
    R/S: Lati@s or Rayquaza

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's some sort of weird luck, but I find some legendaries are easier to catch using lesser balls. For example, when I was after the Regis, Ultra Balls were useless - as soon as I threw one, they popped out straight away, no shaking at all. I threw a Great Ball, and lo and behold, the balls start shaking. And I have Entei (from Colosseum) in a Pokeball.

Here's what I used my Master Ball on in each game:
    Red: Mewtwo
    Blue: Mewtwo (yeah I know)
    Gold: Raikou
    Silver: Suicune
    Sapphire: Latias.
    Colosseum: Tyranitar.

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    Red/Blue/Yellow: Mewtwo
    Gold/Crystal: Lugia
    Silver: Ho-oh
    Ruby: Latios
    Sapphire: Latias
    Colosseum: Tyranitar

(I'm one of those people who has ALL versions of PKMN!)

- .] 5cếpt?lế }} +

bedroom eyes
    Years
  • you shouldnt need masterballs if you have a pokemon that prevents escape or one that can reduce defense for the rest, i use timerballs, the catch rate goes up each time you throw them and should definately work before you throw 11, if not then start over(or not if youre after a flee'r)

evilgeniusguy

complete idiot
    Years
  • RBGY: use the mew glitch and get mew with it.
    GSC: celebi.
    RSE: latias or latios, whichever is in the wild. us timer balls on the shouthern island one.
    RSLG: mewtwo.
    My porkymen lab hack: the great shiny charizard! it is inside the pokeball left by joey when he drops his bag in the laboratory. you awaken it and it attacks!

Caz

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Once in pokemon blue, I used my master ball on a caterpie and caught Mewtwo with a poke ball. It was really wierd! (Mewtwo had 2/3rd's of its hp left aswell)! :)

Back