• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Eric Damon: The Wild Origins (Recommended for ages 15 +)

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • Note: This origin story will be inspired by the works of Rudyard Kipling and Edgar Rice Burroughs. As such, there will be some dark details here and there. Also, there will be mentions of Pok?mon eating each other, so if you get scared and/or nauseous watching nature documentaries that involve such things, please do not read this fic.

Prologue:

A lone Dragonite by the name of Ajagar was soaring through the vast ocean between Kalos and Alola, looking for deserted island to rest for the night. The sun was just about to finally sink into the horizon. However, out of the corner of his eye, Ajagar saw a small ship that had crashed into a large rock near the coast of a potential roost. He could not see any survivors from a mile above, but the curious Dragonite just wanted to double check.

And so, he dropped altitude until he could see what exactly was going on. The only potential sign of life he could see was a neatly woven basket floating towards Sharpedo-infested waters. Ajagar thought he heard a loud yell coming from inside the basket, so he swooped in to grab it before anything happened.

Ajagar confirmed his suspicions when he heard another noise coming from the basket. However, it did not sound like a Pok?mon at all, yet it still sounded like something was alive inside the basket.

"Could it be a human child?" Ajagar thought out loud. "I know that there is a pride of Pyroar on Mokira Island whose most recent clutch of eggs never hatched. Perhaps they would raise this young one as their own."

Ajagar flew to Mokira Island, which was about one hundred miles or so away, as fast as he could. When he arrived, the pride of Pyroar and their Litleo offspring had just eaten their fill of a Zebstrika the females had taken down that morning. The Dragonite landed carefully as not to frighten or injure the infant inside the basket, then proceeding to walk toward the pride's favorite tree to rest under.

Ajagar cleared his throat.

"Anhur, may I have a moment of your time please?" Ajagar asked. "There is something I'd like you to have."

Anhur, the pride's leader, and the only male Pyroar on the island, walked over to Ajagar.

"Oh, Ajagar! What a pleasant surprise to see you back so soon." Anhur exclaimed, happy to see his old friend return so soon. "What is this gift?"

"I can explain, comrade. You see... I was about to rest for the night when a shipwreck caught my eye. I found this basket floating into some dangerous territory and, well... The only survivor I could find is inside the basket. From what I can tell, it is a human child." Ajagar explained slowly opening the basket.

Ajagar continued, "I thought your pride could raise this little one as your own. I know Sekhmet was devastated by the fact that her eggs never hatched, so I thought this would cheer her up and boost your pride's morale."

Anhur began to yawn, and told Ajagar that he would have to wait until morning to decide. Ajagar nodded in understanding, and took the basket and its contents up into a very sturdy tree nearby for the night to rest.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • (sorry it took so long!)

Chapter 1"Accepted"

The following morning, Anhur awoke and agreed to accept the human infant into his pride, for Sekhmet's sake.

Ajagar opened the basket up, revealing the young child inside.

"Anhur, you're doing the right thing." Ajagar said, congratulating the male Pyroar for his decision. "One last thing. This blanket as human language on it. His birth parents named him 'Eric'. I would like you to honor their legacy and keep that name."

Anhur agreed, and several female Pyroar approached, with their young Litleo offspring curious about their pride's newest member.

Sekhmet, the head female, immediately rushed to see her new adopted son.

"He's adorable. I will gladly raise him as my own, Ajagar." Sekhmet smiled.

Koba, the runt of the litter of Litleo that hatched at the end of last year's dry season, was unsure of his human brother, but decided to sniff him. The infant human sneezed cutely.

Koba was ecstatic to have a new younger sibling. Koba would one day inherit the role of pride leader from his father Anhur, and since Eric was technically not one of their kind, Koba knew he would no be a threat to his birthright.

"I'll play with him every day and teach him everything I know about being a member of our pride! Um... What is he again?" Koba laughed.

"A human." Ajagar answered "The first to set foot here in many, many years. Humans may have tried to destroy us in past generations, but just one can't do that alone. Whatever you do, Koba, if Temujin comes into our pride's territory, keep Eric a secret. Protect your pride at all costs!"

Koba let out a cry of joy, and nodded.

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the island, Temujin, an aggressive Krookodile, is on the prowl. He spots his prey basking near an almost dry riverbed. Unfortunately for the victim, it's a Slowpoke, thus its fate was sealed.

The pink Pokémon let outa loud yawn, and Temujin lunged forward, clamping down on his prey's tail, biting off the whole thing and swallowing it whole. The Krookodile attempted to eat the rest of the Slowpoke, only to see a pack of Poochyena waiting for a chance to steal the carcass. The leader of the Poochyena pack, a shiny Poochyena by the name of Fenrir, rushed forward and stole Temujin's lunch.

Suddenly, Temujin's lackey, a chatty Spearow named Kuruka, arrived on the scene, picking out bits of food from her boss's teeth, only to mutter about something urgent on the south side of the island.

"What is so urgent, Kuruka?" Temjin roared after the Spearow picked his teeth clean.

"A human has been adopted into the pride of Pyroar!" Kuruka squawked

"WHAT?! Does Ajagar know how dangerous human can REALLY be?!" Temujin roared.

"Sir, you're overreacting! It's just an infant. And according to Ajagar, the other humans it was with drowned at sea many miles from here. Just wait for the Wet Season to being and worry about it later." Kuruka tried to reassure the angry red Pokémon.

"Fine.... It won't be much of a threat for another ten years, or however long it takes for a human to each adulthood." Temujin grunted, trying to calm down.

(Chapter 2 coming hopefully soon)

Vragon

Since this is just the prologue and the first chapter I think it'll be fine to leave some thought and impressions. Before I begin I will say that your disclaimer that since you have age [15+] that's already an indicator for a rating so all you really need is just a short phrase on the content.
    "I can explain, comrade. You see... I was about to rest for the night when a shipwreck caught my eye. I found this basket floating into some dangerous territory and, well... The only survivor I could find is inside the basket. From what I can tell, it is a human child." Ajagar explained slowly opening the basket.

Ajagar continued, "I thought your pride could raise this little one as your own. I know Sekhmet was devastated by the fact that her eggs never hatched, so I thought this would cheer her up and boost your pride's morale."
    These two really don't have to be apart. While I get what you're going for with Ajagar, but frankly it really seems out of place to keep these two, both of which he's talking and about the same topic more or less, apart. Perhaps combine them, or if you want to add some action in the middle try to have a linking sentence without splitting the paragraph.

On plot wise, while this story is pretty young right now, I admit I'm getting a The Jungle Book vibe from this story. Course, it's starting off as a simple "found and now cared for" story along with what I assume is an antagonist "Temjin", which isn't bad but I do find it somewhat counterproductive to have the group talk about not letting "Temjin" know, only for him to find out in the next paragraph and not make as big a deal as we was implied.

Again, this is young and so far good. I'm glad you are making callbacks to other authors style/works and trying to branch a neat little story. I hope it goes well. I'm also curious as to what Anhur meant by humans trying to destroy them. Plus, I'm also wondering what exactly will happen to this human child. Guess I'll find out sometime in the future. (Hopefully Soon JK)

Back