• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning Frustrations

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2007
    Hi everyone,

I need some help with cloning. I know how to do it, and have successfully done it a couple of times, but my ISP seems to be really unreliable in terms of traffic, so the number of "ticks" it takes to clone is always variable. This is extremely frustrating, as it takes dozens and dozens of tries sometimes in order to get one successful clone. Any suggestions on how to make the transfer time more steady? I've tried turning off computers on the network, but that hasn't helped.

Anyone else have this problem?

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    i have that problem all of the time- it seems to jump from 7.25 rotations to 7.5 rotations to 7.75 rotations and everything in between. i haven't been able to remedy it yet either

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    I have the same problem too. Mines ranges from 7 to 11 spins. Well what I do is a test upload to see how ling the ticks on the clock are. After that I withdraw it and get a general idea of the amount needed. Then I try and clone. I usually get it 1 out 3 times this way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Mine seems to semi-stable. I get from 7.5-8 rotations so i just turn it off at 7.7 rotations and it works about 9/10 of the times.

lv2srf95

A Crappy Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    How Do You Even Clone????????!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!???????

Back