• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is using Mew THAT wrong?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Mew is teh cute..=3

On a serious note. It deserves to be used. It will be popular though if ever unbanned. >__>

pm_41

Gone and grown up
    Years
  • about Mew...

The thing about Mew is that it can learn any TM and HM. Many people think that using Mew is bad because you'll never know what your opponent's stradegy is. I personally think that it just makes the game more fun.

Myuu

Is bringing sexy back ;D
    Years
  • It's the 580 stats and the movepool, there is nothing we can do about it; best to just accept it...

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    It's the 580 stats and the movepool, there is nothing we can do about it; best to just accept it...

oh really? but dragonite has 600 stats.. how about that?

and don't bring me out the movepool bs.. Don't make me make a list of moves that you would NEVER find on a mew.. It's probably 80 or 90% of his movepool..

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Mew is rubbish :P

but it's a Legendary, that alone would give reason for not being allowed to use it ~-~

Mewtwo wins power wise

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    Mew is rubbish :P

but it's a Legendary, that alone would give reason for not being allowed to use it ~-~

Mewtwo wins power wise

ok so celebi should be banned? even with his HORRIBLE type choice and his average stats? you fail.. XD

and nobody is talking about mew's strength here, we're just debating on the fact of it being uber (and it shouldn't be).. that's it..

legendary does not equal uber..

Monty Kensicle

"Wowsers!"
    Years
  • I used to use my Mews as HM slaves,
    (We went to the Toys R Us event in Roanoke Virginia and brought with us 7 different GBA cartridges)
    but after reading all the comments on this thread, it has made me want to start training my Mews for competitive battling.

With all due respect,

~Monty Kensicle

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
  • I have 3 Mews, 3 Celebis, and 3 Jirachis between my Advance Games and D/P, and like all of them.

To answer your question, Nico, that is exactly why Mew is a uber: its movepool. Since it learn every TM/HM move, it gives it quite an unfair advantage over other Pokemon. Use it in NetBattle or against a friend and you'll see exactly what I mean...

☼Charlie☼

要素のマスター
    Years
  • Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is no way to get a legit Mew from any pokemon game.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think that there is no way to get a legit Mew from any pokemon game.

you're wrong.. I got mine on pokemon emerald during an event, you get a ferry ticket to faraway island and after a mini maze you have to follow and catch mew.. you find him at level 30

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    I have 3 Mews, 3 Celebis, and 3 Jirachis between my Advance Games and D/P, and like all of them.

To answer your question, Nico, that is exactly why Mew is a uber: its movepool. Since it learn every TM/HM move, it gives it quite an unfair advantage over other Pokemon. Use it in NetBattle or against a friend and you'll see exactly what I mean...

I think I've stated a couple of times why the moveset is not that much of an advantage (not more than some good stats, that's undeniable..) and no one has been able to counter that..

I'll say it once more, don't make me make a list of the moves that mew can learn and that he will never use.. Many people that have my same opinion have made some very good points, read all of their posts to get an idea..

I have played with him on netbattle with a decent moveset, and I have to say that he wasn't that great, not even near any other uber, that's for sure..

Sorry I made a double post I forgot that I had posted already, sorry

Back