• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] OmegaRuby Wonderlocke

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • what do you mean this was a different challenge before idk what you're talking about

Since the thread for Wonderlockes died off, I'm gonna do one here cause I don't feel like running it haha. Anyway, here are the rules I'm following for this, from the previous thread:

- If a Pokemon faints, it's dead and must be boxed.
    - Gift Pokemon may be kept
    - Only the first Pokemon in an area may be captured (after obtaining Pokeballs) and then must be immediately Wonder Traded out.
    - Duplicates may be WTed.
    - If a Pokemon that is too high leveled is received for that point in the game, it may be WTed out.

Will be starting and updating later.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • J's Wonderlocke ★ Quest For the First Badge!
    150px-VSBrendan.png

50px-Stone_Badge.png

Bienvenue! This is my first update on my OmegaRuby Wonderlocke! For those that don't know, I'm actually not a big fan of locke type challenges, but I did a Wonderlocke on Y a while back because I liked the concept and it made the game more difficult. So I thought I would give it a shot with OmegaRuby, since I've never actually completed a run on this game before. As an added challenge of sorts, I'm playing the game in French. Gotta keep up my skills, after all!

I started my journey riding in the moving truck, feeling a little nostalgic as I booted up my copy of Ruby. For some reason, I decided that starting the game late into the drive to the new neighborhood was a good idea, so I didn't get in any play time. Whoops. Before I knew it, I was setting a clock, meeting my neighbor, and then rescuing the professor and getting my first partner, Mudkip! I easily defeated my rival, Flora, and was able to start catching Pokemon and send them off to the void. My first four Wonder Trades netted me Guplin, Furfrou, Weedle, and Pelipper. Gulpin is a little higher level than what I would like, but I'll catch up to it soon, so he's in the box. I also kept Pelipper, level 30, in case I need him for a rainy day. My other team members were below level 10, so I kept them with me so that Mudkip had some back up for the beginning of the game. Managed to get a Solosis too, so I'm pretty excited about that since I was kinda wanting to use one.

Made it through the forest in one piece and did another wonder trade and got Tyrunt! Very nice, but I'm boxing him since I did use a Tyrantrum in my...last Wonderlocke, believe it or not! Haha. I did level him up a bit, because you never know what's going to happen and if I end up needing to use him, he'll at least be somewhat ready.

Roxanne was a pushover with Marshtomp, but he was all I could use considering no one else would listen to me lmfao. I mean I could use them technically, but it would be such a pain in the ass and none of them had moves that would be useful here, anyway. Beedrill would have straight up died and that's not on my agenda, sooo. Anyway though, we're off to the next task! Until next time!

259.gif

Azure lv. 17
    Docile | Torrent
    [ Tackle | Mud Shot | Water Gun | Rock Tomb]

015.gif

Dardargnan lv. 13
    Quirky | Swarm
    [ Poison Sting | Cut | Harden | Fury Attack ]

577.gif

Solosis lv. 14
    Modest | Overcoat
    [ Psywave | Hidden Power | Confuse Ray | Reflect ]

676.gif

Furfrou lv. 12
    Quirky | Fur Coat
    [ Tackle | Headbutt | Sand-Attack | Baby-Doll Eyes ]

wonder trades
    263.png
    316.png

263.png
    676.png

261.png
    013.png

263.png
    279.png

265.png
    577.png

300.png
    696.png

boxed
    316.png
    279.png
    696.png

deaths

bonus: me trying to read french
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Ok I'm down! I'm starting Omega Ruby up again right now..... I'll update after the first gym!

This is my personal log thread where only my updates can go, but you are more than welcome to make a log thread for your own wonderlocke!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • J's Wonderlocke ★ Myokara & Grotte Granite
    150px-VSBrendan.png

50px-Stone_Badge.png
    50px-Knuckle_Badge.png

I didn't do much for this update, unfortunately. In the original games, I would always run through Granite Cave without Flash and get that over with, but you can't do that in ORAS. You practically go straight to the gym. So that's basically what I did, after getting a few more Wonder Trades! I managed to get one of my favorites, Swablu, so here's hoping I can hang on to it until it evolves. Knock on wood, lol.

I put Furfrou back in the box for this gym because I didn't want it to die as I would like to raise it, but now I'm growing fond of Gulpin so he's probably going to stick around for a bit. Beedrill is quickly becoming useless and even with its Mega Evolution...eh. I know it would die sooner or later, so better to not put it through that misery.

Brawly (or Bastien, I should say) was very easy. Gulpin pulled through against Machop and Swablu destroyed Makuhita without a care in the world. So now we're off to deliver that letter and move towards Slateport!

259.gif

Azure lv. 17
    Docile | Torrent
    [ Tackle | Mud Shot | Water Gun | Rock Tomb]

015.gif

Dardargnan lv. 17
    Quirky | Swarm
    [ Poison Sting | Cut | Harden | Twin Needle ]

577.gif

Solosis lv. 17
    Modest | Overcoat
    [ Psywave | Hidden Power | Confuse Ray | Reflect ]

316.gif

Gulpin lv. 17
    Quirky | Fur Coat
    [ Yawn | Poison Gas | Sludge | Acid Spray ]

333.gif

Swablu lv. 18
    Hardy | Natural Cure
    [ Mist | Disarming Voice | Round | Safeguard ]

wonder trades
    293.png
    066.png

072.png
    264.png

129.png
    333.png

boxed
    676.png
    279.png
    696.png
    066.png
    264.png

deaths

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • J's Wonderlocke ★ Getting Lost in Lavandia
    150px-VSBrendan.png

50px-Stone_Badge.png
    50px-Knuckle_Badge.png
    50px-Dynamo_Badge.png

Slateport was no biggie. Hung at the beach, drank some soda, beat some baddies, usual stuff. I managed to get a Sentret as my WT for Route 110 which is awesome, but I do already have a Normal type at the moment. And I've raised countless Furret in the past, but it's first in line to come on board if I lose Furfrou. Managed to make it through the Trick House as well without so much as a scratch.

The only interesting thing that happened for this update is that I spent about ten minutes running around Mauville (Lavandia) trying to find the bike shop. Could not for the life of me remember. And to make it worse, I like...went all over. I mean all over. I didn't just go to the right and make it easy, no. I literally went all over the damn place trying to locate the shop.

Almost lost Marshtomp a couple of times. Once to a Skitty that got lucky with Sing, Attract, and Double-Slap. Then to a Meditite in the gym that managed to confuse him. Almost lost Swablu to a Geodude. I was being risky and thinking I could KO it with one Steel Wing and it started a Rollout and I was like HELL NAW and switched in Marshtomp immediately.

Overall, not an interesting update again. I did get a couple more good WTs, though. Amaura for Route 117 and Darmanitan for 118, both of which may make appearances on the team at some point, but I'm not sure. They're probably some of the better back ups I have in the PC, though. Well, until next time!

259.gif

Azure lv. 26
    Docile | Torrent
    [ Tackle | Mud Bomb | Water Gun | Rock Tomb]

577.gif

Solosis lv. 25
    Modest | Overcoat
    [ Psyshock | Hidden Power | Confuse Ray | Recover ]

316.gif

Gulpin lv. 25
    Lax | Sticky Hold
    [ Yawn | Toxic | Sludge | Acid Spray ]