• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need some feedback on this little Fakemon

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Hello everybody,

I would like to know if this little guy is actually good as he is or if it's too much. The image contains the color paletts I used for him, too. I am kinda unsure if his head is too big or if his body-flow is weird or if the shading is too hard etc.

Some details about him:
    Type: Fire
    Pkmn-Dex: #1 (Starter)
    Appearance: Worm-like Dragon
    Evolution-stage: unevolved

pkmn1.png

And sorry for the size but it's a sprite, so, I didn't want to destroy the whole image by enlarging it.

Years
  • Hello everybody,

I would like to know if this little guy is actually good as he is or if it's too much. The image contains the color paletts I used for him, too. I am kinda unsure if his head is too big or if his body-flow is weird or if the shading is too hard etc.

Some details about him:
    Type: Fire
    Pkmn-Dex: #1 (Starter)
    Appearance: Worm-like Dragon
    Evolution-stage: unevolved

pkmn1.png

And sorry for the size but it's a sprite, so, I didn't want to destroy the whole image by enlarging it.

As it's a fakemon, it should match the style of previous pokemon. Looking at examples more closely, you'll see that pokemon do not use solid black outlines like you have. As well as that, the outlines are shaded. I'd like to address that before any issues with your color pallet and rendering are brought up. Good base to start with though!

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    As it's a fakemon, it should match the style of previous pokemon. Looking at examples more closely, you'll see that pokemon do not use solid black outlines like you have. As well as that, the outlines are shaded. I'd like to address that before any issues with your color pallet and rendering are brought up. Good base to start with though!
    Thank you for your feedback! :D
    I was also wondering if I should actually shade the outlines but your comment just convinced me xD

I am not really experienced with rendering and such but I would still like to know what I should improve about my color pallet.

Back