• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it safe to reuse flags for original Trees (Cut) in FireRed?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    For example the Trees in Erika's Gym, they have flag 12, 13, 14 if I remove them can I use these flags somewhere else?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • For example the Trees in Erika's Gym, they have flag 12, 13, 14 if I remove them can I use these flags somewhere else?

Those flags are temporary and are only meant to be used for destructible OWs like Cut trees and Rock Smash boulders. The game clears the flags between 0x11 and 0x1F whenever you leave a map so when you return all of the objects you previously destroyed will have respawned. Obviously this isn't good if you want to set that flag for the rest of the game. If you want to use them on other destructible OWs in your hack then they will work just fine.

Read this thread if you want to learn more about what flags are safe to use in FR and which ones have special properties.

Back