• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokemon HeartGold] .dsv to .sav

PkMnLegend

-Legend-
Years
  • Ok so here's the deal I need help converting my desmume Pokemon heartgold .dsv file to a 512KB .sav file so I can play the save file on my DS (R4)
    Does anyone know a way I can do that? Plz help ive searched for so long and so far no result.

P.S : i dont really know if this thread fits here or not :P.

ganesha

The Graphical Master
    Years
  • hey just remove dsv at end and add sav to it because it a raw SAV type extension.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • hey just remove dsv at end and add sav to it because it a raw SAV type extension.
    The data is stored in a different way in .dsv and .sav files.
    By changing .dsv to .sav, you're not changing the save data itself, you're just changing the type of the save file which doesn't really change anything.

You could try some save file converter if there is one.
    Another way would be by hacking the save file which is close to impossible if you don't know how to (not like I could either) :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    Well, the following steps are not exactly converting the dsv to sav but it will sorta create a new sav file with your current progress.

1) Open desmume
    2) Go to File > Export Backup Memory

The rest is self explanatory. You will have both the dsv AND the sav.
    Tried and tested :D

Back