• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VBA Linking problem

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2011
    Hi

I'm having trouble getting VBA link 1.8 to work with Leaf Green between two computers (both running Windows 7) connected by wireless. The two connect fine with one acting as a server, but then after talking to the woman upstairs in the pokemon centre and saving the games, both emulators get stuck saying "Please wait... press B to cancel". Has anyone seen this problem before and know how to solve it?

Thanks

John

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2012
    I've had more luck with VBA-L 1.7.3 over 1.8. You could try using that, also try messing with link timeout value.

Years
  • when your trading, make sure both players save game EXACTLY at the same time, when it says "do you want to save the game" push A on both emulators (make sure you have "pause when inactive window" off) it should work, if it does not work, then I'll spam the forums so I'll get banned because i lied.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    Hey, sorry to thread-jack etc., but I was hoping for a quick resolution to this problem, and neither of this forum's mods are online to "approve my thread for viewing."

For the last day or two, I've been playing Pokemon Crystal on the VBA with no problems whatsoever. Today, I downloaded TGB_Dual so I could trade and finished my Pokedex on Blue(Which didn't work either, but I figured that out), but now my Crystal isn't working. The rom itself loads and I can play normally, but when I save the game, the Rom doesn't load the save game. It creates the .sa1 etc files, but when I load the Rom into VBA, I only get the option to create a New Game. All of my other games work just fine, and as far as I know, I didn't change anything with Crystal, but I'm probably mistaken. I re-downloaded the emulator and the Rom, but it still won't recognize my saved game. I couldn't find a fix for this anywhere else :/ Any advice is helpful.

And no, I'm not new to VBA/emulators, so I know it isn't a simple fix such as putting the files in the correct folder, or naming them correctly.

Years
  • Hey, sorry to thread-jack etc., but I was hoping for a quick resolution to this problem, and neither of this forum's mods are online to "approve my thread for viewing."

For the last day or two, I've been playing Pokemon Crystal on the VBA with no problems whatsoever. Today, I downloaded TGB_Dual so I could trade and finished my Pokedex on Blue(Which didn't work either, but I figured that out), but now my Crystal isn't working. The rom itself loads and I can play normally, but when I save the game, the Rom doesn't load the save game. It creates the .sa1 etc files, but when I load the Rom into VBA, I only get the option to create a New Game. All of my other games work just fine, and as far as I know, I didn't change anything with Crystal, but I'm probably mistaken. I re-downloaded the emulator and the Rom, but it still won't recognize my saved game. I couldn't find a fix for this anywhere else :/ Any advice is helpful.

And no, I'm not new to VBA/emulators, so I know it isn't a simple fix such as putting the files in the correct folder, or naming them correctly.

the same thing happened to me but i never fixed it. the problem is that when you move the save file somewhere else, sometimes the data gets deleted ( i moved like 20 of them and they all lost data) i think you might not be able to fix that but since your using a different emulator, try changing the extension of the save file to the other emulator. then you might have hope...

wait i remembered that you CAN fix it.

on vba, go to file, import, battery file, then choose your old save game file. (make sure the extension is sa1, then it should work.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2011
    the same thing happened to me but i never fixed it. the problem is that when you move the save file somewhere else, sometimes the data gets deleted ( i moved like 20 of them and they all lost data) i think you might not be able to fix that but since your using a different emulator, try changing the extension of the save file to the other emulator. then you might have hope...

wait i remembered that you CAN fix it.

on vba, go to file, import, battery file, then choose your old save game file. (make sure the extension is sa1, then it should work.

Thanks for the response. I figured out the problem by trying your solution. In all my previous games, I never bothered saving in-game because it never did anything. I decided to test it on Crystal, and it finally saved my game. I'm not sure why it's different for Crystal, however. Unfortunately, my original save game still won't load, but I can I guess just start over. I was only on the 4th gym, anyway.

Back