• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First Time in Hacking

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2021
    Hello guys, I am James Emerald and it's my first time to be in this forum. My purpose I joined in this community was to learn about Pokemon Hacking.

I didn't know yet where to post out this kind of thread so I just posted it here..

Let's go down to the topic.

Right now I've been doing Pokémon Emerald hacking since I've been reading some of the contents how Pokemon hacking is done. Yes I am now familiar with the tools being used in the hacking.... Advance Map... The XSE and the GBA intro manager and Advance Ed...

But honestly I haven't yet done a single rom yet you know? Since that it's really my first time doing this.

Now let's go to the main topic. My concern was that, in the beginning of the Pokémon Emerald, you could find out that the Truck Animation will run.
    The problem here was that, the "setmaptile" command was still there even I removed the script as well as the level scripts, because I want to start my map on a cave, and then goes further until a player gets a starter Pokémon.

I have already created the starting map which is the cave and then the "setmaptile" was there even that script itself was removed.

And then despite all of it, I tried extending the map size with the Advance map and the bugs I could find in the map were these.

1.) The arrows whenever I step down.
    > It was there after I inserted that map.

2.) The "setmaptile" was there even the scripts were removed.

I don't know if this was a bug or not or the Advance Map I have has an issue or like outdated.

Same goes in removing the Truck Animation that will crash immediately after Prof.Birch's intro.

If anyone would help... I would really appreciate it.

PS: This is my first post and my first time to make a new Pokémon rom.

Another PS: I posted a thread in HACKS studio forum.. I'm deeply sorry..Deeply sorry.

Back